• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Kids learn so fast

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I installed illustrator a few hours ago. She already gets the concept of arrange, transparency, align, distribute, gradient fill.... Amazing how fast kids pick this up.

PXL_20230330_002244713.jpg

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Had a 4 year old and her grandparents over this weekend. Took a pic of the 4 year old putting a puzzle together. She wanted to see the picture so I handed her my phone. In less than 10 seconds, she had zoomed in, scrolled around, added it to my Favorites (I have nothing in my Favorites) and entered the Edit mode and was adjusting the brightness and cropping it. 4 years old. Watching her little fingers navigate everything was pretty eye-opening. Kids these days are a different breed.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Too bad she wasn't able to use Pantones though.......................................

Jokes aside, that's awesome! Somewhere I have pictures of me messing around in Composer when I was a kid at my dad's old shop. 25ish years later I'm still here.......... and still a beginner designer at best. :roflmao:

kcollinsdesign

Old member
My goal in my old age is to learn to type on the IPhone with my thumbs while I steer with my legs.
Can't do it. My thumb covers about 4 digits; never know which one is going to activate. I need to use my index finger, one digit at a time. I'll use dictation if I have to.
Doesn't really matter to me. My phone is turned off most of the time away (Do Not Disturb - Allow Repeated Calls). Few things are so important that I can't wait until I can get behind an actual full size keyboard (and monitor so I can actually see what I am doing).

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, here ya go, ya old farts who can't learn new tricks.........

Turn your phone on microphone and ask for the person you wanna text and then talk into your phone. It sends the message perfectly. Now, ya can drive with your hands and use your phone.... 'hands free'. Sheesh.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
All I've ever done is art and music... None of my kids wanted anything to do with either. Grand kids are a different story, they all wanna play drums like grandpa.
Always a little envious of the ones with kids that wanna follow in their footsteps. It's so cool :)

Stacey K

I like making signs
That's great! Kids learn so fast, their little brains are like sponges.

Impressive that Gino is more advanced than some of the rest of you with his IPhone. I use my talk/text thing often also, it's rather fun becuase mine isn't always as accurate as it should be. Makes for an interesting conversation LOL

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Kcollins swerves off the road scrolling grinder... Gino figured out how to talk to text on "Our Time". I always use the talk to text feature... never says the right thing but I don't care. So what if it types "I want to eat you out" to a female client... just leave it out there and see what happens. You can always respond "oops" if it's not received well.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
My phone is a droid..... don't like apple products, unless its red delicious or something similar, but I'm not puter savvy, either. Another old fart, just recently told me how to do it. Like tex said, some do make for some interesting translations. So far, mine has been 'spot' on.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Must be "selective learning". They still can't grasp the concept of putting dirty laundry in the hamper, turn off lights, tie shoes, wash hands!
Majority of "smart kids" have no common sense.

Johnny Best

Must be "selective learning". They still can't grasp the concept of putting dirty laundry in the hamper, turn off lights, tie shoes, wash hands!
Majority of "smart kids" have no common sense.
And.. cleaning their rifle
and putting it back together properly.