• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Kiss Cut on a Zund/Summa/Kongsberg

We have a german build Aristo Aristomat 1625 Flatbed system with conveyer belt.
We are very very disapointed with it's kiss cutting capabilities We are better of with our cheap chinese plotter, when it comes to kiss cutting.

ConceptL

We have a german build Aristo Aristomat 1625 Flatbed system with conveyer belt.
We are very very disapointed with it's kiss cutting capabilities We are better of with our cheap chinese plotter, when it comes to kiss cutting.
That is not great I am about to buy one apart of the kisscut are you happy with everything else?

CanuckSigns

Summa has been kiss cutting vinyl for 30 years, they are very good at it. Their flatbed cutters are pretty good for an entry level machine, we've been happy with ours. A friend of mine had a brand new zund cutter and it makes ours look like a toy, but at the end of the day they both do the same thing, his is bigger and faster, but I could buy 5 of my cutters for what he paid for his.
Someone told me that in the world of flatbed cutters, when it comes to vinyl work, the summa is the best choice.

Bxtr

We have a Summa F1612 and we have the software set down position and depending on the vinyl/lam configuration we always do test cuts and just turn the blade as needed. It's been working out really well.