• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 Adhesive Vinyl shrinkage

Quix

Hello to all
I've been using my HP L25500 for about 8 months.
I'm printing on an italian Kemica TecPrint vinyl for solvent printers (i think it's a general formulation) without any issues so far.
Recently I printed lots of 8"X12" labels that were ment to be contour-cutted with a Mimaki CG-SRII, after lamination. For this I had to print the specified marks so the plotter could set the printing parameters.
I noticed a deviation of about 1/8" from the marks printed in the middle of the vinyl, in relation to the ones in the borders. This made me waste almost a half of the printed area (only the central prints were straight).
I wonder if any of you could recommend me a vinyl type that can help me to solve this problem.
Where I live I have no access to all the brands you talk about in this forums, so a common brand such as Oracal, Arlon, 3M, Avery would make a better recommendation.
Thank you!

Desert_Signs

There is a setting in the firmware to correct this. Straightness optimization I think it's called. It's been a while since I "fixed" mine, but if I remember right, it's in the image quality section. You have to print a straight line the width of the vinyl, then measure the "bow" in the middle. Put in the adjustment and it should fix the problem. It's in MM.

ProColorGraphics

It is straightness optimization. If you are ever in the market to upgrade your cutter, the Summa's actually print a line across the width of the print and read that as well to help correct the "bowing" in the prints on the HP Latex. I just upgraded to the S-Class T series. Expensive, but well worth the money!!

Quix

Thank you all for your replies.
I changed the Straightness Optimization setting and it helped a lot.
The next step should be buying that new Summa cutter you recommend. Looks very nice, strong, ...and expensive :)