• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 - stripes and printhead dies pretty fast

muelli75

Hi!

On my HP25500 the cyan/light-cyan print-heads are dying pretty fast. After printing 150 - 250 ml ink, the machine says that they had to change.
Ignoring this message (or replacing the head by the same used one), the printer is plotting well - but after some m2, there a light stripes to see (see attached picture).

If I clean the C/LC-Printheads, the stripes disappearing for a while.

Who knows, what to do to fix this annoying and expensive bug?

Thanks for any tips and hints!

Best regards,
Martin

Attachments

• stripes.jpg
    stripes.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 152

Typestries

Any chance your maint cartridge blotter cloth is used up without throwing a code? Also, when we have had this issue, replacing both the cartridge and head has solved the issue. Do the cart first, then some cleanings and try again, you may get away with not changing the head.

muelli75

Hi!

Thank you for the answer, changing the cleaning-kit was a good approach - i did it and did some cleanings - but it didnt help much. :omg:

Will do some more cleanings, maybe it will help soon.

Best regards, Martin

Split76

how many passes you are using? sometimes with 6 passes that happens to me with banner material but with 8 or 10 not.. ?

muelli75

Im using 10-pass, in the next days I will get some new printheads and then i will try it with other passes. we have now some holidays in austria and the supply with spareparts is very poor. :-(

Thanks for the tipp!

iCantFeelMyLegs

We're going through the same thing. Answer would be great. Machine has been running for about 8 months. We're about to replace the 4th Cyan print head and have also replaced the magenta print head once.

Called the people we got the printer from and they said the print heads aren't covered in the warranty because they are considered a consumable..

WTF? this is getting expensive.

hp latex 260

HulkSmash

Give chris at prowraps a call. He had this same issue and got it sorted out. It had to do with humidity, and not having enough.

HulkSmash

We're going through the same thing. Answer would be great. Machine has been running for about 8 months. We're about to replace the 4th Cyan print head and have also replaced the magenta print head once.

Called the people we got the printer from and they said the print heads aren't covered in the warranty because they are considered a consumable..

WTF? this is getting expensive.

hp latex 260

they absolutely are covered in their own warranty. CAll HP directly. they will send out replacements for free. if it gets to 1000 ML with errors they send out new ones.

Bly

Another thing to look for with mysterious banding - we had a couple of big head strikes and banding afterwards.
We tried everything and eventually shone a light under the heads.
There was a small shred of paper wrapped around something there, dragging slightly across the print causing the problem.