• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Laminator from overseas

GiveUsSigns

I was looking at a Laminator from Made in China website.
I have good things about some of their products.
Anybody ordered one from them? Pro'. and/or Cons?
Obviously Tech help would be an issue, but laminators are pretty basic, not too complicated.
Anyhow, just wondering. As their prices are reasonable.
I know. I know.

You will always get what you pay for. I have a $100k Chinese laser....but, I went to China before I bought it, made sure of what I was buying. I am very tech savvy and can fix almost anything. Good luck!

GiveUsSigns

The price they quoted me was the $1300 listed and $550 for shipping and that also gets it through customs and delivered to your door.
It is quite an interesting proposition from the importer. It still comes in under $2000 complete including delivery. It is quite tempting.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
We have 2 china laminators. The rollers on the cheaper one are unlevel and past the ability to adjust it, youd have to cut it the linkage and reweld it to fix this. It works fine like it is but we pretty much just use it for mounting now. The more expensive one is well built, tracks straight, very heavy but their tension setup is horrible. The roll holders on that one are flat where the cord goes so it never grabs the roll well. It's annoying but does the job. We have had the cheap one for about 5 years and never had any problem with it.
When buying from China, you need to understand what type of delivery they are providing. From my experience CIF is the most common and once it hits the port you are going to have fee after fee, storage, customs, handling, loading etc etc. If you want to be all in then it needs to be DDP but many Chinese companies will not do that. There's the risk of duties going up mid shipment and they would be on the hook for the difference.

ChicagoGraphics

Ask them how long It will take for you to recieve It at your location, If they tell you upto 45 days count on doubling It to 90+ days as all the ocean freight is backed up here due to no containers available.

aparat

There are some really good ones. I bougt one for dirty work, but it was so good it became our main laminator. Fully pneumatic, in 5 years no maintenance at all. It is from mefu china. Model c3. But they have a distributor here in europe, if i would need some parts...

GiveUsSigns

From the manufacturer:

Question: Is this DDP shipping?

Answer:
This is DDU shipping, the price does not included the 25% tariff.
Yes, the tariff is the duty tax.
The consignee should pay the duty tax.
If for DDP shipping, we will add 25% duty tax

GiveUsSigns

Yes, I am still shopping. Those look pretty similar to found of the direct for overseas website.
They did say shipping time from China is 30 to 40 days. So, at least a month.
If the lams from toolots are USA based, I am sure their deliver time is much shorter.
I enjoy shopping for stuff. Just wish I had a larger chest of cash to draw from. LoL.
After shopping, I do realize that Laminators are all pretty much the same in function, which seems a bit odd that prices
range from about $2k to upwards of $12K... That is a huge price swing.

Yeahgor

Born to be The Designer.
The suppliers explain this price difference as difference of parts quality. This rule works in case you order products direct from manufacture.
However on any china product's price at least 60% of price is shipping and dealer interest.
Regarding Toolots, I was pick up my laminator direct from their warehouse in LA county.

greysquirrel

the laminator for most shops is the heart and sole of the business where profits are earned and lost. If yo buy the right one, it should last you 15-20 years? Why go cheap? Look to GFP they have a 263 and a 363 I believe. both 64" 4-6k