• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator question

GiveUsSigns

It is always something....
What is causing this mess with my older Seal 600c Laminator. It now does this more times than not, It is costing me a fortune eating sheets of vinyl like a flock of birds to seed.
It is not a heat assist, I have checked feed in, making sure it is feeding straight, adjusted speeds to almost stop, one time it will work well, the other is just goes completely fubar.
Seems like maybe the speed varies on one end of the roller or? the take up reel slips or, I don't know.
I am losing hair over this, and I don't have much to lose.

Ya, I know, buy a new one.... I am almost there, this one is killn me.

See pic.

Attachments

• Laminator-bad.JPG
    Laminator-bad.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 224

highrolling24

what is it exactly doing? does it get loose after you run something? I dont understand how it is so loose. I have to sometimes hold my laminate so it tightens up a little at first and that helps alot.

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
Sometimes our rolls of laminate spin a little instead of holding proper tension, and it needs a hand on it for a little. But we use a RS with old rubber bands that don't grip well. I don't think Seal should have that issue, based on my experience anyway.

highrolling24

Man that just burns me up sometimes when someone comes and seems so desperate and asking all these questions and then when people try to help and ask for a little more info ----- NOTHING, granted this is not a old post so I will give it more time but if my machine was messing up like this and I asked why to a bunch of people that can help I would be checking back and trying to get more info, but I guess that is just me and it seems I guess there are not many like me.
And it would be nice if they did figure the problem out without help that they would post why or how so they can help someone else. Oh well, I had my little rant.