• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

laminator recommendations wanted

koigal

I'm looking to add a laminator to my small business. I have a roland versacamm (which I love), and an HP 5000 ps UV (which I'm ok with, but not nearly the love that I have for my versacamm! lol)...

I have a little 24 inch simple roller laminator that I've been using to laminate prints but it is time to upgrade to a real laminator as my orders have increased. Also it would be nice to do wider things.

I've learned so much from you all as a lurker - I'm hoping to learn more about your experiences with different laminators - my needs are to laminate - not mount...and space is a consideration - I am working in fairly cramped conditions so I'd like to not have to dedicate a room to this....

I've searched this forum and read up on laminator postings but could really use a more detailed discussion of good laminators

I've got an opportunity to buy a bienfang 42 (someone locally has one they are selling) but I'm wondering about the "signmaster" and gbc laminators as well. I've read I should try to stay away from Daige)...I want to keep it under 5K total (as far under as I can) but I know that you do "get what you pay for" in this regard.

90% of what I laminate is prints that are 20 inches or so in width. With a larger laminator I can run them 2 up and hopefully speed things up around here -

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. Also, is there a tougher laminate you recommend my prints get touched a lot and I just want to keep them looking nicer longer. They are mounted on a slightly curved surface so I need something with complex conformability.

Thanks in advance!

-Karen

marcsitkin

Laminator

I've had 4 laminators over the past 25 years, and by far the best is the AGL I currently own. You can almost throw your material at the machine and get a perfect laminate.

Only caveat is that you should NOT run thermal vinyl overlaminate in this machine. It can damage the rollers. That said, it has no problems with any cold vinyls or with any other heat assist materials.

Unlike may others, it's AMERICAN made.

k.a.s.

If you can spend a little more, buy a Seal. They are awesome. I have heard good things about a Royal Sovereign, I think they are around $5000.

Kevin

BALLPARK

I have only used Seal & Royal Sovereign, both are great work horses.

I like the Seal series a bit more, but they cost more as well. I think you would be very pleased to have either of them in your shop.

Rydaddy

I've had 4 laminators over the past 25 years, and by far the best is the AGL I currently own. You can almost throw your material at the machine and get a perfect laminate.

Only caveat is that you should NOT run thermal vinyl overlaminate in this machine. It can damage the rollers. That said, it has no problems with any cold vinyls or with any other heat assist materials.

If you don't mind me asking which AGL laminator do you have?

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Welcome aboard....where are you located??
Laminator

I second the AGL laminator. We have had one for a year now and absolutely love ours. They have an imported version called the Compadre which is still a nice machine and supported by AGL.