• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator Rollers Up or Down?

ATD Signs

HI
Simple question. When not using your laminator do you release the pressure off of the rollers , or does everyone just leave the
rollers pressed together all the time?

petepaz

we have three laminators and when we purchased the one they guy told us to keep it up when not in use to prevent flat spot but we have one that we bought about 5 years before that one and it is always down. never had an issue. i would say to be safe leave them open but if you forget don't lose sleep over it.

NEVER LEAVE DOWN! It will ruin your rollers with flat spots. think of a racecar locking up the brakes, there is a flat spot and ruins the handling of the car. Your Laminator is a precision tool, treat it like one!

niksagkram

During the work week ours are always down because we use the laminator ALMOST every day. If we don't use it for a day, no big deal, never had an issue. I do raise them over the week-end, just in case. :)
Having said that, I was on vacation for 3 weeks this summer, and the rollers were left down the whole time, still no issues as far as I can tell. Still runs smooth. Seal 54 Base, at least 7 or 8 years old.

trakers

Always up just a fraction.

However, left down the other weekend and no flat spots. So easy to raise though I'd never leave it down on purpose. Why take,the chance?

USTECH 65" with electric raise/lower