• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

laminator

klmjff

We run a Seal, no problems whatsoever..Found it on ebay also for a GREAT price. Some people like to bad mouth Ebay on here, but if it wasnt for them when I got started in this biz, I wouldnt be able to afford to start it....

WOODBS

We run a Seal, no problems whatsoever..Found it on ebay also for a GREAT price. Some people like to bad mouth Ebay on here, but if it wasnt for them when I got started in this biz, I wouldnt be able to afford to start it....

what size is it? any issues with wrinkling etc?

Circleville Signs

We use a 55" Royal Sovereign. Seals are great, but they are a TON of cash. Unless you are running alaminator pretty much non-stop, a RS or GBC will do the job just as well, for about 60% of the price.

Gary

DGDesigns

I am also looking at the SEAL 62 Ultra C Plus which is a low to medium volume machine with smaller roller diameters, but it is expensive ($6,200). The SEAL 54 Base is a high production model. Depends a little on your budget. There's a lot of re-labeled products also(be aware). I am also looking at an Emseal brand from Australia, but I need to confirm that the smaller diameter rollers aren't a detriment to lamination and "silvering". It seems from the specs that larger rollers provide a faster lamination speed. I have been told too many opposing stories from salesman....let's face it, sales people don't work in sign shops and probably never installed a vehicle wrap in their life, so I'll post a question on roller diameter to get that figured out for both of us. I also checked the Drytac, used successfully by a lot of shops, but I personally cannot stand poor quality from Chinese manufacturing. I'd hate to make a beautiful print and ruin it with an inferior laminator. If the roller diameter is not a major issue, I am going with the Emseal. When my business gets more established I'll get the SEAL Base model. I've heard good and bad about the Royal Sovereign brand also...can't seem to get a straight answer from salesman. Check my post for roller questions. Good luck.

WOODBS

i think size does matter in the case of the diameter..only because i have been subbing out my lams to a local shop, he has 5-6" rollers. the prints lay flat and come out real nice..except when you let the backing run underneath the lam and print..aighh, exactly why i'm looking for my own.

DGDesigns

Same here, I am losing so much money subbing it out. I can't find many artists inthe sign industry in my area. People just buy machines and hit buttons. I heard the GBC is also a good product, but I never demo'd any...still undecided

DGDesigns

Well, that narrowed my search. It looks like there's a lot of crap out there. I worked in R&D shops and machine shops for 15 years; I could probably design my own :)

jyl

I also in market for laminator.
RS RSC 1650c if I get this $3500 new is it good price?
and what is bad about this product?

Mosh

We have a Seal. Guess what, unless our print is over 48" long use use a big squeegie. WAY FASTER and not any difference in quality (with some practice)

k.a.s.

Seal 52 base here, it was more money but works awesome. I also hear good things about the Royal Sovereign and they are cheaper.

Kevin

mark in tx

I have one of those big chinese models from Sign Wharehouse, struggled with it for 3 years, then I bought a Royal Sovereign RSC 1400C.
Night and day difference.
The RSC is so much better.

Letterbox Mike

I also in market for laminator.
RS RSC 1650c if I get this $3500 new is it good price?
and what is bad about this product?

Excellent price. Go for it. We run the RSC1400c all day every day and have for about 4 years with zero issues whatsoever. Does a fantastic job.

Tharnpheffa

I have one of those big chinese models from Sign Wharehouse, struggled with it for 3 years, then I bought a Royal Sovereign RSC 1400C.
Night and day difference.
The RSC is so much better.

Haven't had any issues with the RS 1400c. Had it close to 3 years, and at times it's a real workhorse, nonstop all day, for days.