• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lancer G1 Eco solvent printer

Stevealex

I Just started my own sign business at the beginning of this year and so far I have been outsourcing my print jobs to another shop. Recently however, I have been contemplating buying a printer of my own. im sure this may sound cliche but I dont have much to spend and I came across a printer by "Uniform" called the Lancer G1, a 42" eco-solvent printer for $8,000. Sounds like a good deal but I dont know if its worth the money. Can anyone that is familiar with it tell me what experience you have had with it? Or can someone tell me if there is a decent printer out there that is within that same price range? Thx

d fleming

Depending on the size you need, I think bigfish has some 42" new latex machines from HP in that range.

Letterbox Mike

Depending on the size you need, I think bigfish has some 42" new latex machines from HP in that range.

+1, much better option than some no-name rebranded machine made by god only knows. Remember, service and support after the sale will make or break you with printers, so get a machine with excellent dealer and factory support.

Uniform is a UK-based company that re-brands Roland, Mutoh, and other manufacturers' equipment. The Lancer model is a Mutoh ValueJet 48 inch. You'd do better to go to the (I believe exclusive) USA distributor for that product, which is SignWarehouse.com

The HP Latex is another option, assuming that you can live with ~6 inches less width (unless you go up to the 60 inch Latex).

heyskull

We have a Lancer G2 which is a Mutoh Valuejet 1604.
I believe the G1 is a 1304 or a 1204.
It should flash up on the LCD screen what model it is.
Basically the only difference is the fact that they have been painted blue!
The company that supplied these has gone bust, which is a good thing as here in the UK as they couldn't run a business for peanuts.
Still a good machine if it is print test is good.
It should have come with a RIP called TROOP, which is just Wasatch.

Hope this helps
SC

Stevealex

Hey Thx guys, and heyskull I did see somethin about the lancer being a Mutoh valuejet but I didnt know that te color was basically the only difference. I think I will look more into this as well as the HP and +1 options.