• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large Cast Iron Posts, Fourishes, etc.

nikdoobs

I am looking for really large cast Iron posts. A customer sent in a sign drawing calling for 38' tall cast iron posts. Anyone know where I can find something this big?

Thanks In Advance,
Nick

Pat Whatley

King Architectural Metals?

Is the whole post supposed to be cast or can you use a regular pole with a cast base and cap?

shoresigns

Ornamental Post & Panel. You pick the style, size and length of posts, the base, finial and other accessories, and they cut it to size, weld it together and powder coat it. I've dealt with them a couple of times and I like them.

King Architectural Metals?

Is the whole post supposed to be cast or can you use a regular pole with a cast base and cap?

Yes, any architectural matals place may likely have these.

Ornamental Post & Panel. You pick the style, size and length of posts, the base, finial and other accessories, and they cut it to size, weld it together and powder coat it. I've dealt with them a couple of times and I like them.

Absolutely. Great people with a great product, but aren't they strictly aluminum castings and extruded aluminum posts?

TammieH

Its always a problem when a designer or architect specs something that may not exist or they actually do not know what they want.

Like a designer just spec'd sign brackets that no one wanted to bid for us, so I drew something up and had a welder have at it. Wasn't exactly what was spec'd but...

cast Iron post 38" tall, what diam would that have to be? tapered?