• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help laser cutting with mounting adhesive on back

johnnysigns

Whewwww, that Bron killer red tape in full log rolls is pricey stuff! Looks like they can max out at a nominal 53"W for their rolls though which can be helpful. The folks at Oracal are always very helpful for us, but the lead times and sources for the 1377 tape they offer have been tough lately.

GB2

Old Member
What thickness acrylic are you cutting? Do you think it would be possible to cut 1/2" acrylic with adhesive with a 60 watt laser? How about 3/8"?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Whewwww, that Bron killer red tape in full log rolls is pricey stuff! Looks like they can max out at a nominal 53"W for their rolls though which can be helpful. The folks at Oracal are always very helpful for us, but the lead times and sources for the 1377 tape they offer have been tough lately.
Still far less and much better than 3M.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
What thickness acrylic are you cutting? Do you think it would be possible to cut 1/2" acrylic with adhesive with a 60 watt laser? How about 3/8"?
I found when we had a 55w ULS, I could do 10mm acrylic at 1mm per second, max power, single pass - but so slow!
Our 100w Chinese cuts up to 15mm ok.
Putting the self-adhesive backing on will use up power though - the silicon paper sheet takes a bit to burn through - you can't get away with 'only just' cutting it.

• First Place
Reactions: GB2

johnnysigns

Still far less and much better than 3M.
If you can find it, it's worth trying the 1375/1377 Oracal tape. It's about 1/3 the cost for a 48.50"W x 55yd roll. I've had some outdoors for 3yrs now on a vehicle and it's held up fine, honestly too fine. I'm going to have to yank it off eventually, but I've been super impressed. Most of our applications are logos we add to POP displays. I'm gonna see if I can get sample of the killer red stuff to compare.