• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help laser cutting with mounting adhesive on back

knabbie

We have a 100 watt 24x36" laser, we have been trying to find out what is the best mounting adhesive to put on the back before cutting out letters from acrylic that is safe to laser cut out so we do not have to apply after the letters are cut.

knabbie

We have a 100 watt 24x36" laser, we have been trying to find out what is the best mounting adhesive to put on the back before cutting out letters from acrylic that is safe to laser cut out so we do not have to apply after the letters are cut.
Christian, great! Thank you!

johnnysigns

I use an Oracal adhesive that comes in 48.50"W rolls. There's two thicknesses of adhesive, but it's excellent stuff. Pretty sure it's 1377 or 1375 for the thinner stuff.

knabbie

I use an Oracal adhesive that comes in 48.50"W rolls. There's two thicknesses of adhesive, but it's excellent stuff. Pretty sure it's 1377 or 1375 for the thinner stuff.\
Is there any specific suppliers that are better to get the adhesives
from?

Forty One

3m is generally a good go to for your needs.
But note, you'll need to apply the tape to the face and cut in reverse.

johnnysigns

I cut adhesive side down with our stuff 99% of the time. We cut heaps of logos that get mounted to other acrylic or printed SBS display components. Glantz carries the 137X Oracal tape in the wider 48.5" plus rolls, although getting it while it's in stock is tough. The adhesive is super gummy, but has last outdoors for some smaller projects for years for us.

johnnysigns

Is there any specific suppliers that are better to get the adhesives
from?
We get the Oracal from Glantz, but anyone that resells Oracal products should be able to order. Glantz is pretty unorganized out here, but I can usually email the Oracal rep and see what's in stock before I order. Oracal for us in general has been excellent to work with. They've jumped through hoops for us before making some larger orders of 50+ rolls of mirror gold.