• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laser etching

zmatalucci

So I've been trying to locate a laser engraver/etcher for etching granite. I have only found one so far that would be big enough to meet the needs of a granite slab. Does anybody know of any gantry type systems?

G

gps-hi

What size slabs? I'm thinking you might need to look at CNC based laser.

joeshaul

I tried to etch some words and some symbols for a tombstone once at my former employer. Was a pain in the arse to get on our Kern laser's bed and then it didn't really etch at all. Instead we ended up going the sandblast route, turned out very nice. Main problem was the laser wasn't doing anything to the rock.

D

Digitall

Might want to try universal laser in Phoenix, they have wattage upgrades at a good price. One of our lasers is set up for pad printing plates so we use a 10 watt to get extremely fine detail. They have a easy/quick fit upgrade to 30 watt that we just plug and play in 1 minute when we need to. They sell up to 120 watt, I believe, for co2 and also handle YAG. They are a wealth of information.