• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Launching new site soon - feedback welcome

jkdbjj

Hi, so we are having a new site designed. Specifically to offer online ordering to our local community. Not going after national accounts as we aren't ready for that.
With that said, I freelanced this project out and got our first drafts today. I wanted to share one of the drafts with you all for feedback and discussion.

Thanks...

I can't post picture yet here, it seems I am too new or something, so here is a link if you are interested.

http://vivisual.com/Draft02.jpg

jkdbjj

Oh, and I blurred out the new company name, one cause it is still secret (oooh I know kinda silly but whatever), and two it seemed to say in the rules, not to post logos or something like that. So please try to look past that.

jkdbjj

So, overall not a good impression I suppose? Only stating that because the focus is on filler verbiage.
You guys still feeling me out to see if I am legit or something?

Anyway, have a good night I am gone for now...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Simple, clean.
Nothing jumps out at me.
More of a template that hasn't been completely filled out yet.

wayne k
guam usa

jkdbjj

Clean site.
but a secret? we have no idea who you are.
I guess not really secret, I guess not knowing anyone here just feels weird exposing so much detail when it isn't live yet. I'm probably just being obtuse, so forgive me. Cool?

Anyway yes, the site has a clean look to it, our thought process is develop a strong local presence with brand recognition. I personally feel our area lacks a true leader in the field. The economy has wreaked havoc on many similar business that offer signage and small format. Companies either dropping off or swallowing each other and joining forces.

So we figure we need to change something, and after lots of thought we decided to re-brand, and make a new site with some new products we are going to offer. In our experience, local customers are wanting someone that can do a multitude of offerings (as long as it is executed well) rather than using so many vendors. So we thought a site that expressed a fuller range of services (most of which we do all in house) would go over well.

We'll see! Something has got to get better cause it is rough out there :covereyes:

tsgstl

It really does seem like a template to a do it yourself website design thing. The pictures look to "obviously stock photo-ish" and what's the blog thing about?

I'm new here as well. I have come across this site multiple times over the years and never joined. I am really glad I finally joined. I think it can only help my business. Everyone seems friendly and open. Some shops are very standoff-ish because they are afraid to share to much. Not here though, this place is great.

jkdbjj

Clarification...

I need to clarify, sorry.

This jpg is only design layout. The images are all filler, as I will put my on work in each box. The point of this draft is to look at the menu layout, the form of the page, the footer section (as that is increasingly more important for search engines right now).
All the text and images will be replaced by our words and our work.

Hope that helps.

Sorry for the trouble.