• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

layout critique

Jackflush

Gorgor
Just curious to see what serious sign designers think of this magnetic Im about to send in to porky. Hope you don't think its a waste of your time.

Attachments

• porky.jpg
    porky.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Find a better pig if you can. Regardless, make the pig larger so that it impinges on the text and becomes part of the thing. Right now it's a disembodied head floating there.

The try to do something else with the copy. You've got the entire space filled to the gunwales with text. No breathing room, no charm. It looks like every other sign of this sort.

Pat Whatley

Shouldn't Porkys be PORKY'S?

Other than that I agree with Bob. Right now it's just a bunch of elements tossed on a sign (and it's not bad, just typical) Enlarge the pig and use it to tie everything together.

Well Mr. Smarty pants... show us what you got... I checked all your posts (since I see no link to your work) and all I found was that you post nothing but negative comments.. I wasn't too surprised though... there are people out there who have a negative disposition.. and negative people suck.. now back to constructive criticism...

signmeup

Well Mr. Smarty pants... show us what you got... I checked all your posts (since I see no link to your work) and all I found was that you post nothing but negative comments.. I wasn't too surprised though... there are people out there who have a negative disposition.. and negative people suck.. now back to constructive criticism...
:goodpost:

Charlie J

I got some inspiration from the old shagnasty thread. The pig-chef is from istock.

attachment.php

Attachments

• porky layout.jpg
    porky layout.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 114

Artildawn

I kind of like Charlie's, but think the cut-out should follow the contour of the pig chef rather than some random part of the back ground. Hours are missing and I'd personally kern the dot separators in the phone number up and centered between the numbers.

trik

Hey Garrett, I like Charlie's as well, but you are probably going to have to put the address on there as well, as the 707 area code is not local, and I would never call it thinking it is in Fairfield or Vacaville.....He is getting a local number? Or going to use his cell? Might want to express that to him?

Again welcome!!

Tiki

Font Sage
Using your layout just changed things a up little :Big Laugh
Might try a black panel with yellow Porkeys & Dogs and Ribs

Attachments

• 1%20TIKI%20dog.jpg
    1%20TIKI%20dog.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 121

Pat Whatley

While I'm thinking of it why do so many BBQ places have pictures of happy pigs on them? Are pigs glad to be butchered and eaten? And a lot of them have the happy pig chef? Now that's just sick....pigs cooking and serving up their pig brothers. Something just wrong about all that.