• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Leaving for a few days. Have some questions about shut down

Mike R.

Hey guys, I am finishing up at school.I have a Mutoh 1204 printer. i will be out of town for a week June 10-17. I have flush cartridges, do I need to flush the machine or can I just leave it running to do mini flushes. I plan on using it when I get back. Just hate to spend the money and waste a flush for a week.

Please help me with some suggestion and some experiences you have encountered.

thanks,

Mike R.

rjssigns

Not sure if this will help, but I don't do anything with my Roland. I leave it on 24/7/365 and it does its thing. Come back from vacation and print.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
no exp with those printers. I know UV printers need maintenance ect,
Throw some crappy paper or vinyl on it and get someone to run a test print each day? a CMYK flood. 1000mm wide and 100-300mm tall.

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Before you leave, clean the cap top and wiper thoroughly. Clean any ink build up around the bottom of the head as well. Set the cleaning timer to 12 hours and the cleaning cycles to economy. Put the machine into sleep mode and rest easy.

The people who have issues when leave for a while just turn the machine off rather than putting it in sleep mode and it doesn't do it's cleanings.

Edit: Also, empty your waste tank before leaving as a precaution.