• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Leaving too long of tube length from pump

sfr table hockey

Not sure if this will help anyone else but this is something I have found.

I re-tubed a pump with solvent tube and decided to leave a little extra length on the section of tube that ran from the pump to the captops. The reason was that as I attach a syringe often to flush the drain lines, I sometimes get a bit of a crack in the end of the tube which then just needs to be cut off or it does not stay in place or draw propper. In time that little nibble grows into an inch or more in time. Having said that I left an extra 1 1/2 inch or more of tube when I re-tubed the pump.

From then on the pump worked but just didn't seem to be leaving as much of a bead of ink on the wiper as it normally did and took more than the normal 1 cleaning to get the printer going some days.

I decided to cut the tube length back to normal and not have a lot of extra tube length sitting there and since then, the pump seems to draw better and am back to the normal bead of ink on the wiper after a cleaning cycle. It may also be the change in the type of tube I used to re-tube the pump.

So just in case someone may have put in a new pump or relaced the tube and feels the pump is not as strong as it should be, it may be too much tube length from the pump to the captops.

It kind of makes sence that you would get less draw on a longer run of tube than a short, the key is to find what your printer needs for draw to do the job the pump is intended.