• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

News Lectra completes the acquisition of Gerber Technology

GB2

Old Member
Well, Lectra says it's a good thing!

With all that's going on in the world, it's a good thing just to hear they aren't going out of business.

Billct2

Sign products don't even rate a mention....it's a shame. Gerber basically invented CAD sign programs & machines and then through a combination of bad decisions and poor performance fell way behind. Their plotters and the Edge are some of the best machines made for what they do and their design software is great for sign design.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I tend to cringe at news of one company acquiring another. In the case of Lectra acquiring Gerber at least Lectra is actually involved in a similar industry as Gerber. This merger is probably a lot better than the typical one we see currently: a private equity "company" buying up another company. Private equity companies often run various kinds of businesses into the ground (or at best let them languish) because they have little to no expertise in that field. Expertise in buying stocks and counting beans doesn't make a private equity company an expert at running something like a retail business (like Sears) or a software developer (such as Corel).

Hopefully the merger of Gerber with Lectra will go smoothly.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Oh man! I'm not so sure about this. Look what you get when you blend the two names.

maxresdefault.jpg