• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LEISTER HEMTEK ST - Anyone have one? Review?

Photo Guys

I'm looking to buy the new Leister Hemtek ST banner welder. I was wondering if anyone had one and how it has been working for you. Thanks!

Christian @ 2CT Media

So far its ok, Out of the box it needs to be fully adjusted. We have spent 3 hours adjusting it to get the right pressure, tracking and nozzle height.

We are still having an issue with the start of the weld not sealing, but a grommet would hold it closed. The other issue is the way it is designed you really need to build a custom table much like a sewing machine in which it wraps around the unit, any flex on the hem edge and it likes to walk.

Photo Guys

The sales rep from Hemtek claims they have been selling this unit like crazy, so I figure there may be several owners here on this forum that can give some input on their personal experience. Thank you for posting yours.

Last edited:

Christian @ 2CT Media

I will say Hotairtools and assembly supplies have been super helpful and we have a call scheduled for monday to help us walkthrough what we are doing wrong.

So here are the settings that works for our material Key Banner 15oz Blockout
Motor Speed 4.5
Heater 8
Fan Speed 7

Brandon708

How are the welds holding up? I have a Royal Sovereign RS1500 Banner Welder that I am somewhat happy with. Only thing that bothers me is that it creates small puckers along the weld and make the banner not super flat along the hem.

Christian @ 2CT Media

After all the adjustments and the walkthrough with the vendor we got it working pretty well so far. I haven't had a long banner to test yet but we are printing a 12' banner tomorrow that we can test out the long distance tracking.

printmanjackson

I'm looking at purchasing this machine and was wondering if there are any updated reviews after some people have been using this for a while.

Bugley1

I just bought one from the NBM show, so far I'm not sure if the settings for 13oz forward banner are too hot or the speeds or maybe I just need to adjust the machine