• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Letters on inside..

Dentafrice

I'm a major newbie (remember.. 16 here..) and my "second dad" who is running for school board wants some letters to go on his window at his office.

He has his mind set on putting the letters on the inside of the window, to be read from the outside.

I explained the glare issue and everything but he is still persistent.

What would the best way to do this, would it be just mirror cutting it and then just applying it on the inside?

Or would that look awful, I've never put letters on the inside before.

Help! thanks in advance.

JR's

yup,
( just mirror cutting it and then just applying it on the inside?)

good to go.

JR

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Depends on the color, it may have a pigmented white or gray adhesive.

Why only on the inside? Can someone make a funny word by peeling off a letter?... :popcorn:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Either side is easy to cut and install. Just reverse cut and do your thang.

It tends to be a customer preference.

No right or wrong....... unless your on a sixth floor window and they want them outside. :rolleyes:

Dentafrice

Depends on the color, it may have a pigmented white or gray adhesive.

Why only on the inside? Can someone make a funny word by peeling off a letter?... :popcorn:
He is worried if the campaign doesn't go too well, or people don't like him, they'll peel his letters off which he paid for.

It's white vinyl, oracal 651.

Malkin

In my area, vinyl letters on the outside of the glass count as signs and need a permit, whereas lettering on the inside does not.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
He is worried if the campaign doesn't go too well, or people don't like him, they'll peel his letters off which he paid for.

It's white vinyl, oracal 651.

Then by all means apply it to the inside and sell him a Oracal 651mil compatible razor scraper so he can reuse the letters.

jfiscus

Rap Master
do it in etched glass vinyl; way better looking than just std vinyl for reverse installs. it's a bit more of a pain but looks great.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Is there any tinting in the window? Do a quick test with him using a square of vinyl to make sure you can see...

Bigdawg

Just Me
Is there any tinting in the window? Do a quick test with him using a square of vinyl to make sure you can see...

7oaks

Same here Malkin. Vinyl on outside means approval from antique city committee. Inside you can put what you want.

Frosted vinyl on non tinted glass looks good

Ken