• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LG Hausys LC5510M Etch Vinyl Issues

heyskull

I Have been using LG Hausys LC5510M Etch Vinyl for a lot of years.
I recently had to replace 3 windows on a local Cocktail Bar as they are next to a local taxi rank and it can get a bit rowdy on a Saturday night.
Their are 6 windows and two of them are still the originals dating back to 2008.
I have always used LG Hausys LC5510M Etch Vinyl on this job as it is easily cut and applied.
But this time on cutting from a new roll I noticed the cut part was a considerable harder to weed as it did not seem to be adhereing to the silcon paper as well.
I noted this and put it down to they had changed the silicon / backing sheet.
I applied these as I had done so before and it went on really easy as usual.
I had a call two days ago saying the etch was falling off, which I took as maybe a client of the bar had been picking at it.
But on arriving it looked as if the adhesive was failing all over these 4' x 3'6" window graphics.
Has anyone else had similar issues with this material of late?

On a further note I have checked the packing label.
Ir reads:-
COLOR LC5510M
LOT NO 200812
INSPECTOR K J S

I am wondering what the LOT NO means because if I am guessing it reads 12th month of 2008!!
Have I been sold old stock?

Thanks
SC

Last edited: