• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lifespan of a shop mug

Vinyldog

I’ve been pondering lately. How many times can I safely use the same coffee cup? On Monday I start with a nice clean cup (thanks to my wife). Tuesday I arrive to find I left the cup, with some coffee in the bottom, and the remainder of the coffee in pot from Monday. And drink it.

My theory on this is that the acid in the coffee will kill anything harmful for a few days. Especially if it’s Yuban.
Wednesday, I make a new pot and swish out the mug with water.
By Thursday the mug is getting pretty colorful, mainly earth-tones, from the assorted things I like to dunk into the coffee. So I boil water in the cup in the microwave to sterilize it. Then, since it’s boiling anyway, add some instant coffee.

Friday I give it a whore-bath. Which is boil some water and soap in the cup in the microwave and wipe out with a paper towel.

What say ye? No problem or recipe for disaster?

Chriswagner92

that just doesn't sound healthy, you should add in a shot or two of :bushmill: on a daily basis to sterilize properly, and then give it a really deep clean on friday, maybe soak it over the weekend.

I make one cup at 10 am every morning in my french press, but I leave the dirty press and cup in the sink overnight and clean with dawn before making the next cup

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you use Mediterranean water and clean it with leafy vegetables, you should be good to go for at least 4 months, before needing a tune-up. Add some fish oil and only dunk carbs. No protein allowed. :Coffee:

Vinyldog

I do use a French Press and I hate to admit this but, I usually make a second pot using the same coffee grounds plus a scoop or less a cup of water.
Yes, Jeff Yeager is my hero.

I did just have gluten-free pizza for lunch, and from what I can tell gluten is the same as joy.

Brink

Not a coffee drinker myself. I know I know it's a system shock to imagine a world with no coffee. But being from the deep south, I do drink massive amounts of sweet tea. Different chemicals exept the caffeine but the same thing happens with the stains on the pitcher that I make it in. Since it happens with tea and coffee alike: Do you think maybe it's the caffeine that causes the stains?

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I must be a puzzy, I must have a clean cup.....

but i will eat stuff off my floor, which is nasty, so I think I redeemed myself somewhat....

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
You drink day old cold coffee?: :Big Laugh

Throw a shot or two of Irish whiskey in it... hopefully it holds off the Dysentery :toasting:

Niun

Waffle Baron
I've wondered about this same thing, I've been drinking out of the same mug for 11 years now and it only gets a quick rinse every morning to get the old grinds out of the bottom.

Zac

Mediocre Designer
Not a coffee drinker myself. I know I know it's a system shock to imagine a world with no coffee. But being from the deep south, I do drink massive amounts of sweet tea. Different chemicals exept the caffeine but the same thing happens with the stains on the pitcher that I make it in. Since it happens with tea and coffee alike: Do you think maybe it's the caffeine that causes the stains?

I have just made the switch from coffee to unsweet tea for my caffeine after going with no caffeine yesterday. Felt like I never woke up.

Vinyldog

If it's day-old I zap it in the microwave although I do also like coffee cold. I also have a bottol of Ole number 7 here but have never put it in the coffee.