• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Liftpod? what ya'll think?

skyhigh

I suppose in the right application it would be a great tool to have. I'd have one if it could be moved while up in the air.

gbarker

With a maximum working height of 14' seems kinda pointless. I also noticed the guy was tied off. Could you imagine what would actually happen if he went over the edge. I would think with a base that small the whole thing would come crashing over.

signage

If most of you work is POP, or lamp replacement for stores/inside buildings then it may be worth looking at!

Craig Sjoquist

If all your work is ...inside... on level, ..smooth surface... only picking up smaller items like 3 ft or holding a end or hold a holder of something
so for some uses fine but normally a waste for the sign profession

most work done is on a platform like a plank of 8 ft or longer
I use ladders alot but are ..2 sided steps
have 2 step, 4 step 6 step would like to get much higher ones... I place at both ends put a plank in between cover a good area all at once above and in between bushes etc.
I also use scaffolding for higher jobs again 2 stages when needed with a 14 ft or 20 ft plank or what ever need for size

ladders are only here used when scaffold will not fit or work or to small of a project area etc.

1leonchen

personally at 14 feet high it is a waste of time. most times a 20 feet ladder can hardly reach. it is not much better than a ladder and it comes apart in pieces i am skeptical about that. i have been in a lift that broke down at 40 feet in the air. its not a pretty piece.if the base was self powered the it would be great.

signmeup

The bottom of the platform goes to 8 feet. Your head will be at 14 feet. I think that's a bit misleading. I also think it's a neat idea. It goes for about $2200. I think it would be great inside a factory.