• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lightbox Application Option

gplough

Owner doesn't care about this being backlit. I'd like to avoid removing this panel (16'x50").

Is it a dumb idea to put a semi-rigid print on top of this using VHB?

IMG_9156.JPG

Johnny Best

Would not trust VHB on something where there is a problem of it failing. What is the material that is there now. Is that a cabinet, just put screws through your new material into metal cabinet.

JBurton

Signtologist
Yeah, VHB + overhead = bad idea.
Just take a skillsaw with you, slide it out a few feet, saw it down into whatever size you can handle. Slide a new piece of ACM in its place. You'll have to remove that camera obviously... Alternatively, screw into the trim like johnny said. I'd wager it's polycarbonate, good luck moving a piece of acrylic that long and not breaking it...
But I'm all hung up on why the power is routed like that.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Does the customer own the building ?? If not, the real owner might not want his cabinet ruined.

gplough

Just take a skillsaw with you, slide it out a few feet, saw it down into whatever size you can handle. Slide a new piece of ACM in its place. You'll have to remove that camera obviously... Alternatively, screw into the trim like johnny said. I'd wager it's polycarbonate, good luck moving a piece of acrylic that long and not breaking it...

Breaking that panel is why I wasn't wanting to mess with what's there. I've made that mistake before! I thought about the ACM route and I think that's how I'll push them. It's a semi-shady part of town and that sounds like a fairly quick in and out.