• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Listening culture

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Is the ILA like a cult? I was just looking at the website - it's borderline creepy.

signsnyc

on your web, it's just a homepage and no other pages. So you only send a two-minute read to your subscribers via email, but don't have published any of them on your web?

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
on your web, it's just a homepage and no other pages. So you only send a two-minute read to your subscribers via email, but don't have published any of them on your web?
Yes, that is my choice to not publish them on my webpage. If someone is interested, they are welcome to check them out. No charge. I use Constant Contact so they can cancel at any time.
The whole idea of "Listen Sharp" is an experiment So far, it gets good feedback. We shall see.
What might prompt you to wonder about them being published on my site?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not that what I say means diddley around here, but I think 'cult' is the only PC word one can use to describe it without getting into trouble.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not a cop out, but I said that's about the only word one can use without getting oneself in trouble.

When you look at something from the inside, it appears whatever you believe it to be. When looking at it for the first time from the outside, certain red flags might go up. Keep in mind, I said 'might'. That could be from the pictures being used, certain words to phrasing or just the general feel. I had another possible few words to call it, but suffice it to say, they would start an argument.

Without looking into the overall setup, I do find it hard to believe that, that many studies and people have dedicated their lives to one thing and one that thing alone.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I can't put my finger on it Robert. Secret member portals, striving to increase membership, and encouraging members to recruit... Amway came to mind. It just came off as a religion, with a cult like feel.

signsnyc

Yes, that is my choice to not publish them on my webpage. If someone is interested, they are welcome to check them out. No charge. I use Constant Contact so they can cancel at any time.
The whole idea of "Listen Sharp" is an experiment So far, it gets good feedback. We shall see.
What might prompt you to wonder about them being published on my site?
Nothing, I was just wondering. if some of them are published on your site. Many people may take an interest after going through them. But yes, it's your choice

mim

0_o
I can't put my finger on it Robert. Secret member portals, striving to increase membership, and encouraging members to recruit... Amway came to mind. It just came off as a religion, with a cult like feel.

Right? Under ILA partners it's all a bunch of too-"kind"-to-be-true foundations, schools, etc. I don't get it lol but I love a good mystery.