• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Little Help with profiles (Soljet 545 Ex)

javila

We recently acquired 545 Ex from roland.

We're working with flexisign 7.6 v2 , but I can't find the proper profile for oracal's 3651G series. I tried to "create" one, but as you can guess that didn't go right. I'm sure a few of you guys are running that combo, where can I find the proper profile for it?

I'm currently running everything through versaworks as profiles for that are handy.

ps.

sorry for my first posted being an imposition =D

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Welcome to our boards.

I would suggest two places to look for the profile:

PrintingDigital.net has over 500 profiles for the Roland available for download as well as lots of knowledgable members.

Oracal.com has lots of profiles available for Roland owners using Oracal media.

javila

Checked out both those site, when I load the profiles from oracal, it's telling my I'm loading 540 profiles insteas of 545ex profiles.(from oracal.com)

Printingdigital.net doesn't have oracal profiles.

=(

I'll give a ring to oracal tomorrow since I can't find any email address on their site.

edit:

Thanks for the welcome. =)

As Fred says, welcome.

You can send a sample of the media to Roland, and send them a sample print. The other option is to look at getting a profiling setup, and you will never have a problem then.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to :signs101: from PA.

You might want to try that top site again. I've never heard of it and tried it for our own machines and although there are profiles for the 540 VC, I saw your model listed also. Try it again, maybe you overlooked it.

javila

Gino said:
Welcome to :signs101: from PA.

You might want to try that top site again. I've never heard of it and tried it for our own machines and although there are profiles for the 540 VC, I saw your model listed also. Try it again, maybe you overlooked it.

Hmm, Just gave it another glance, and I see they have orcal profiles under just eco sol, and not eco sol max. I'll give those a try.

Thanks for the help guys, and the welcome.

Do you really get better prints off versaworks?

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
I have fought with Flexi profiles with the Mutoh and to a lesser degree with the Roland and I guess it depends on the specific image. I find raster images are definitly better out of Versaworks. If I need to tweak spot colors I am a little more familiar with Flexi R&P and can get it done a little easier but 90% of the time Versaworks works great. I am using Versaworks 2.0.3.

Dave

javila

Trying out the 720 x 720 right now, much better than my ghetto rigged profile. lol Although it told me it's a 540 profile.

Still a little thick on the ink though.

Hopefully I get some free time this week to start really comparing prints.