• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Local Mutoh Service Guys?

TheSignShop

I was wondering if anyone knew of any Mutoh service technicians that service the Columbus area. We have a Rockhopper 38 that needs serviced to get it up and running properly.

Cy Fan

GEI Calgraph is about the only "certified" tech you will find for the Mutoh. However you may have found that you can preform many of the maintence and repairs yourself. What problems are you haveing?

TheSignShop

We just got into digital printing and bought a used unit....one problem is we had a new black cartridge in the machine and a couple days later went to fire it up to get it going and all the black in was gone and our waste container was half full

Cy Fan

It sounds like you need a new capping station, or replace the the maintance station all together. when the head docks on the capping station and there is a bad seal it will drain the inks, just like you noticed. Easy fix check out www.cmykparts.com order the capping station, easy to install yourself and your ready to rock.

TheSignShop

Another thing we can't get running on this thing is a nozzle check....we were also wanting a technician to come out and show us what we need to do as far as cleaning and maintenence on the machine.

Cy Fan

what's wrong with the nozzle check? not getting all the colors, they are streaky, or they are not all solid? If so, again, you have a problem with the capping station. When there is a bad seal with the print head and the capping station and you do a cleaning cycle your wasting you time, because it's not sucking ink through the heads, it sucking air throught the bad seal. Resulting in the print head to not be clean, clogging and not give you a proper nozzel check.

As far as regular maintence this in one of the things you need to do. I am currently on my 5th or 6th capping station and 2nd or 3rd maintance station. Other daily maintence includes running a cleaing cycle, nozzel check, and not letting it sit idle for long periods of time (days).

I would recomend start with the maintence, you will need one anyway and it will be a lot cheeper than buying one from GEI and a whole hell of a lot cheeper that paying for a tech to come out. If the capping station doesn't work you can always call the tech then.

TheSignShop

No I press the buttons to do one and nothing happens. It also doesn't do a sheet cut it will feed out and then go to manual cut. So I just need a capping station?

Cy Fan

will it print anything when you send a job to it? The only times I've seen it when the printer doesn't respond at all to the nozzel check buttons, in when there is no media loaded, the media is not properly loaded, there is ink out, or something similar to that. What is the display saying before and after you hit the nozzel check?

TheSignShop

Yeah it prints and it looks like crap....I'm running off Flexi Pro 7. Tried printing a pic and it prints very dark. This thing needs gone through thoroughly is why we were thinking a service tech.

Cy Fan

I'd call GEI Calgraph and get a quote for a service tech to come out and decied then if you want to spend the money. I guessed I should have asked right off the bat it the printer is still under warranty?