• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Logo Critique?

AKwrapguy

My two cents...

From an objective view point: It's 'fine'. There is nothing wrong with it in the way that it's been presented. It's simple and clean.

From a personal point of view: It's kind generic. It looks like a logo that I would print and forget about, almost temporary if that makes sense. The 'graphics' font for me it a little to stylized and you might have issues reading it from a distance. Maybe perhaps a Bank Gothic font with some slightly exaggerated kerning. I would like to see what it looks like on white as well.

I like the solid bar on JB that rick did. For me it does seem to flow more.

What type of 'graphics' are you getting into?

What does the JBM mean?

Johnny Best

Two things, one on the Lynda logo.
bierut.jpg

Jr gong

Graphics is too big in scale with JBM make smaller like the example posted above.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Johnny Best

.... I don’t understand this one. What am I not getting?

Signbrad put a video up for you to see about logos. post#5, so I did something for the guy, Bierut, since he wants to be like Lynda.com, which by the way was bought for something like 2 billion.
Sorry it went over your head. What your not getting is my aggravation about everyone trying to figure out things such as logo making.
I bet HDvinyl understood!

AKwrapguy

Signbrad put a video up for you to see about logos. post#5, so I did something for the guy, Bierut, since he wants to be like Lynda.com, which by the way was bought for something like 2 billion.
Sorry it went over your head. What your not getting is my aggravation about everyone trying to figure out things such as logo making.
I bet HDvinyl understood!

I got it....

ThatGriffGuy

Rick, I didn't fully appreciate your suggest changes earlier. After taking time to really look at what you did I agree with your suggestion on the letter adjustments. Thank you.

AKwrapguy, I agree the logo is pretty plain. I actually would like to create a more dynamic logo but seem to have issues with this. I am not a fan of several different colors being mixed together and bold backgrounds. I agree Rick's changes make it look moor smooth and gives it better flow. I will be focusing on Fleet Wraps and Real Estate Signs as I have experience in both as well as marketing experience with them. I will also be doing the typical sign shop things like dimensional signs and cut lettering. The JBM comes from family initials. I spent almost three months looking at business names and also their availability for marketing and really didn't come up with anything I liked. I'm definitely not a fan of the hip ways of spelling things just to find an available domain and also hate when people when ppl rip off other business names.

I will use the suggestions that have been given and post a revised logo. Thank you all for the constructive criticism! Even you, HDvinyl :)

ThatGriffGuy

:roflmao: yeah...... right.

I really do appreciate it though. I know guys that have been here a while get tired of seeing these posts and there are always the new guys that come in for the quick help and all ask the same questions and then disappear. Im new to this forum but not to the industry. I have only been in the industry since 2009 but I have seen the way forums work. I appreciate the advice everyone shares and look forward to contributing and growing in this forum.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
I agree, it does kind of read "TBM".
I'd considering dropping the terminal on the J down so it's not too close to the crossbar.

Middle of the "A" needs a crossbar of a sort. Maybe angling upwards from left for more dynamic/custom look?

Agree with Rick.

My initials are JST - When I initial, I use a ~ shape at the top which connects the J and the T. Dunno how well a swoosh shape would work with this one but it might be fun to try out with different versions.

fresh

I don't like how JBM is touching. The J sorta looks like a T, and the negative space between the J & B confuses my mind, i think there might be a letter hidden in there.

ThatGriffGuy

I like what AKwrapguy has done with the logo.
We are primarily a screen print/embroidery shop. When I look at a logo the first thing I think of is how it will look printed on a t-shirt or embroidered on a polo. IMO a simple yet distinct logo is best.
From the beginning this has been one of my biggest concerns. I screen printed and did embroidery in my past business and saw many logos that were terrible to work with.

AKwrapguy

I like what AKwrapguy has done with the logo.
We are primarily a screen print/embroidery shop. When I look at a logo the first thing I think of is how it will look printed on a t-shirt or embroidered on a polo. IMO a simple yet distinct logo is best.

Thank you.

I am preparing a logo for a new business and would like your general feedback. I have thick skin and will take any suggestions you care to offer. The logo is meant to be simple as it can be embroidered, screen printed, and cut from one color vinyl. I will use this logo for all purposes and will add backgrounds and outlines where needed for visibility and clarity issues in application.

I like it generally.

The J in this font is a little hard to read, you might convert to curves and shorten the tail.

Part of your challenge is making sure JBM doesn’t read as IBM, so I guess that limits some of the font choices.

Lastly, I think you are missing an opportunity to be more graphically impactful by using white for the JBM part.

—Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThatGriffGuy

I like it generally.

The J in this font is a little hard to read, you might convert to curves and shorten the tail.

Part of your challenge is making sure JBM doesn’t read as IBM, so I guess that limits some of the font choices.

Lastly, I think you are missing an opportunity to be more graphically impactful by using white for the JBM part.

—Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Mike thanks for the reply. I am currently making some modifications to the logo and will be posting it again tonight. What are you thinking instead of white?