• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo design critique

TheSellOut

Curious on your thoughts for this initial logo design I am working on. It is for a company that sells exterior lighting units for work sites. They are not your typical lighting units, they are like giant balloons that light up and are anti-glare.

Attachments

• Lunar Logo.jpg
    Lunar Logo.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 146

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I think the first two, without the text, look almost NSFW-ish. Because the name doesn't fully describe them, I would like to see something in the logo that helps convey what they do. Lunar Services seems generic for such a cool idea.

signmeup

Works great in full colour. Not so much in B&W. The cresent looks like a hairy eyeball. What does it look like in white over a black pill?

HulkSmash

I really like the logo. Only thing that bothers me is that when i see the swirl.. it just brings back memories of terrible people using a swirl in every design.

Mosh

Didn't see Ms. Jackson until it was pointed out. The full color one is great. Take off the "nipple" for the BK and spot ones.

Pat Whatley

Got a pic?

The things are pretty sweet. They've been doing night construction on the highway I take to work for the last six months. Driving by there are night the place is lit up like it's daylight with these lights but people driving aren't blinded by them.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 94

Farmboy

Not to be a jerk and maybe it's just my observation, but if they are a no glare light doesn't the star burst in the design sorted indicate a glare?

TheSellOut

Got a pic?
The pic Pat posted is very similar.

Didn't see Ms. Jackson until it was pointed out. The full color one is great. Take off the "nipple" for the BK and spot ones.
Ditto on Mrs Jackson and Good call on the hairy nip.

Not to be a jerk and maybe it's just my observation, but if they are a no glare light doesn't the star burst in the design sorted indicate a glare?
Not jerky in any sense...and thanks, that might be the most constructive observation this post has received.

I really like the logo. Only thing that bothers me is that when i see the swirl.. it just brings back memories of terrible people using a swirl in every design.
I think you are talking about the swoosh...and I had the same fear...but I felt in this case there was an actual purpose for it.

The things are pretty sweet. They've been doing night construction on the highway I take to work for the last six months. Driving by there are night the place is lit up like it's daylight with these lights but people driving aren't blinded by them.
They are nice and I think you will start to see them more and more because of the anti-glare.

Here are a couple revisions!

Attachments

• Lunar Logo_jab.jpg
    Lunar Logo_jab.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 88
  • Lunar Logo_2.jpg
    Lunar Logo_2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 96

TheSellOut

OK...here is my final for this concept! diggin' the left side myself.

Attachments

• Lunar Logo_3.jpg
    Lunar Logo_3.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 88
W

wetgravy

I like the left side the best, the seperation between the two crescents is really nice. Not really digging grey on white background for the middle design of either though. good work.

DrCAS

The crescent shapes with the italicized letters seems to conflict with opposite motions to me. I would also lose gradients in the design. remember KISS.

I think you are on a good track... I actually like the first design better. I did agree about the burst because the long spikes did remind me of a glare. A sun shape might work better.

Ignore all the juvenile responses. They just can't help themselves.