• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo design I created...

OmniSeeIt Designs

Graphic/Web designer
Let me know your opinions. It was a design I created in a contest.

Attachments

• IMG_20180926_094014_335.jpg
    IMG_20180926_094014_335.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 980

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Wish I knew what they did and what the parameters of the creative brief to know if it's appropriate... I do agree with Renato about the R and A

If it's a crowdsource thing... welcome to design at the lowest common denominator.
I would rather have a real business relationship with my client and get paid a lot more than throwing something on a wall is seeing if it sticks.

After looking at your Facebook page and your pricing, I can see why you are in a contest... I charge between 10-25 times more than you do... stop working for chump change.

Last edited:

TimToad

It looks really similar to your own logo and the primary font used for the name is not a good choice. Its too narrow, too widely spaced with too many similar characters that can be confused for each other.

bannertime

Binary Dynamic. hmm. Sounds cool, but I can't get over the fact that it's basically an oxymoron. Also, because of that, the logo doesn't really make sense. Doesn't really convey what the company does either. Are they biochemical? Are they software development? Binary is two, but there is three dots per cluster. I think it'd have made more sense to have clusters of two dots. Good presentation though.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Binary Dynamic. hmm. Sounds cool, but I can't get over the fact that it's basically an oxymoron. Also, because of that, the logo doesn't really make sense. Doesn't really convey what the company does either. Are they biochemical? Are they software development? Binary is two, but there is three dots per cluster. I think it'd have made more sense to have clusters of two dots. Good presentation though.

Maybe it's not supposed to convey those messages. Assume you didn't know who McDonalds were, does McDonalds logo convey food? Does 3M convey adhesives? Logos don't really answer that question. You have to know something about the company, when I first heard my wife say "Lululemon" I thought it was some fancy organic lemon they sold at Natural Grocers.

bannertime

Maybe it's not supposed to convey those messages. Assume you didn't know who McDonalds were, does McDonalds logo convey food? Does 3M convey adhesives? Logos don't really answer that question. You have to know something about the company, when I first heard my wife say "Lululemon" I thought it was some fancy organic lemon they sold at Natural Grocers.

I'd agree, but this isn't just a mark. I'm not an expect so I'm not trying to argue, but this is where I'm coming from. 3M, Golden Arches, UnderArmor, whatever Lululemon is are all marks. They represent the brand. They have a meaning or history behind them. They make sense in the overall picture. Things like Burger King, NBA/MLB, NASA, Gmail, Post-It all express what the brand is. Doesn't take much to discern what is going on.

rossmosh

vsgfx-mcdonalds-logo-evolution-opt.jpg

It took McDonalds something like 20 years to gain brand recognition to the level to drop that they're a burger joint.

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
Personally - I like the design. It's clean and concise as for execution. The font choice could be a bit better - but at the same time - reflects the niche of 'sciency' if you will...

I would caution the OP OmniSeeIt Designs - that you better prepare yourself for a realm of constructive critique when posting your designs for commentary on Signs101. As you can tell - some of the critique can be a bit harsh.

Taking a look at your FB page though - I can certainly understand the critique in regards to "does the logo actually convey the meaning of 'Binary Dynamics'" .... The name is a bit duplicitious, as has been noted. And personally - having seen the previous design on your FB page - I think I prefer it to the one that you've posted:

42559997_355448618530297_4868133378890661888_n.jpg

This design seems to be more representative of the "Binary Dynamics" concept.
Anyway - welcome to the community. Best of luck with the contest.

SignsSupport

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
Can we assume you didn't win the contest?

so you work in hopes of winning a lottery and getting paid?

this world is doomed.

"It's not for sign making. It's for branding on products."
Yea, because brands are never used on signs...

What presumptuous and ugly things to ask and say.
Why the demeaning snark? Can we please stop that please!? It was totally unnecessary IMO. :(

SignsSupport

Last edited:

OmniSeeIt Designs

Graphic/Web designer
Wish I knew what they did and what the parameters of the creative brief to know if it's appropriate... I do agree with Renato about the R and A

If it's a crowdsource thing... welcome to design at the lowest common denominator.
I would rather have a real business relationship with my client and get paid a lot more than throwing something on a wall is seeing if it sticks.

After looking at your Facebook page and your pricing, I can see why you are in a contest... I charge between 10-25 times more than you do... stop working for chump change.
I'm at an entry level. So my prices must start low. But thank you for your input.