• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Help

Williams Signs

Here is a logo I am trying to do for a client. Any ideas would be great.

Attachments

• bwtlogo.jpg
    bwtlogo.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 75

signmeup

Are you struggling with any particular aspect of it? There's things with it I don't care for and other things I do. I don't care for the "bluegrass" being dimensional while the rest is flat. I do like the fade in the panel. Good use of a fade.

signmeup

I'd flatten bluegrass and bring it to the front. Then I'd slide it back until the decender on the g was between the words in the panel. I would also explore ways to make bluegrass pop a bit more. The tones in the fills and outlines are all fairly close now.

SignManiac

I'm having problems with the fonts you've chosen. I think the concept is good, just needs some more fine tuning.

Poorboy

(Technical) Window tinting is the most important aspect since it's what they do and also because they chose bluegrass (as opposed to say, sunshade) which has nothing to do with their business so I would keep window tinting up front.

Blue is the hardest color for the human eye to see and that's the color of the smallest letters on the logo and they're not in the most readable font. Fine for print but not so much for distant viewing. I'm not real big on red even though it's the most visible. Maybe a burgundy/maroon.

(personal opinion) I like it overall. I don't like bluegrass being half behind and half in front of window tinting. Yellow sun bullets are hard to see. Gradient almost disappears on the left. Maybe a little less on the drop shadow for bluegrass. Overall shape of the logo and general shape concept is nice though.

To simulate an installed sign, step back from the computer and look at it. :thumb: