• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo input please

signgal

Need some input. :notworthy:This is my stepdad's logo he's had since he got his trucks hand lettered in the 80's. They decided to make an actual division for the HVAC side of their business and asked me to come up with basically a duplicate logo with the word "air" replacing "plumbing". My stepdad can give a 5 day talk on anything under the sun but he lacks in the imagination department.

If I can come up with something not too different from the original but give it some pop that would be great! Air is so short and that logo was obviously created to accommodate the "p,l & g" in plumbing. Air doesn't have any distinguishing features :frustrated: FYI The white letters are reflective vinyl and his trucks are painted metallic silver, no digital graphics. I included what I've been messing around with, including where I tried to convince him to add heat. He argued we're in Florida and the customer doesn't care... see what I'm dealing with?!:banghead:

Attachments

• P1020490sm.jpg
    P1020490sm.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 118
  • Noble-logo.jpg
    Noble-logo.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 101

GB2

Old Member
Try just Noble HVAC or Noble cool air or Noble air conditioning and work it in to a proper fit like the original.

signgal

Thanks! he says customers don't know what HVAC is and air conditioning was horrendously long but I love cool air and I think he's going to too.

Anymore suggestions are welcome :]

signgal

what do we think, kids? Idk doesn't feel professional to me... I think I'll submit all to him and let him decide. Yeah, he was like "jus' stick the air where plumbing is. Piece o' cake." *face palm*

Attachments

• Noble-logo2.jpg
    Noble-logo2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 99

signgal

rofl I thought so too and that's why I tried it. No go. The "d" screwed it up... in my layout anyway. shortened the upstroke on it and it looked like an "a". I think I'll go have a drink.

HaroldDesign

The way the image clips bothers me. It just doesn't seem to work right. It's uneven and makes it look unbalanced. What if the two line of copy were centered with each-other, and the ends clipped off at even angles?

signgal

yeah, i know what you mean. We're kinda OCD here too but if you see it on the van there it works out and a lot of factors are taken into consideration. We try to avoid the reflective lettering over the molding and such. This is just on paper anyway... but when you cut the lines of clean and straight on the signs it ultimately makes everything smaller. Personally, I think the air . heat layout is the most balanced and looks the most professional but the customer is always right... right?

signgal

Update

so, this is what they finally decided on. Not so bad but my stepbro assures me they won't credit me with the logo design all-the-same LOL

Attachments

• Noble logo.jpg
    Noble logo.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 97

signgal

In case you wondered LOL

Gah! Even family doesn't listen... This is what they ended up with.

Attachments

• P1020861.JPG
    P1020861.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 93

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
It does not matter how long I have been doing this, my sisters will always look at me as the punk kid who slept in late and had a problem with germs so my work gets treated that way...

I've seen worse family design mishaps, in the 80's that would have been a sweet layout.

signgal

ROFL thanks, Rick! I take comfort in that... and it was originally designed in the 80's. What an eye! ;)

SignManiac

It's a shame old people aren't open minded about change, sometimes it can be a good thing. He could have had something much better.

TheSellOut

It's a shame old people aren't open minded about change, sometimes it can be a good thing. He could have had something much better.

Yeah a change would have been nice to see, but you have to admit...if he has been driving trucks around like this since the 80's, then he must be pretty recognizable!

chatterbox

I think it is good. However, i am a firm believer in a LOGO. Even a simple one. Although you can contend that the RED AND BLUE arrow is the logo. But a SYMBOL, even abstract would suffice.