• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Redesign Feedback

VTSigns

I looking for some constructive criticism in reference to the logo(s) attached. I have been in business for coming up on 10 years and the logo with the dots is my current logo and has been since day one. I have never been crazy about it for the reason that it reads as all one word and doesn't really evoke any particular emotion. This was designed when we first started and I knew very little about design. I'm looking to update my look and convey a message of quick sign service with my new logo. The black and white image is what I came up with and I like it for the most part but I would like to get ideas on what I might need to change. Let me know thoughts on whether the new logo is in the right direction or If I need to go back to the drawing board. I will probably add color to the new logo if I decide to go with it but for now it's simply black/white. Don't pay much attention to the slogan as it's not really my slogan, just something I plugged in to see what a slogan might look like. Let me have it.

Attachments

• signspot - current.jpg
    signspot - current.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 108
  • signspot - new.jpg
    signspot - new.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 108

Moze

Agreed - I immediately thought of Subway.

I like the first one better. I think it would look better if the 's' in 'spot' was capitalized...just make the dots arcing over top of it.

I think it conveys what you do just fine.

...I'm not a designer though, those are just my thoughts. :)

OldPaint

i go with subway on the 2nd one. 1st one reminds me of SIGN SNOW)))))

Attachments

• SIGNSNOW.jpeg
    SIGNSNOW.jpeg
    5.9 KB · Views: 107

Jillbeans

The second one reads as IGN POT.
Might get you additional work with the rasta type crowd tho.
It does look like Subway, also.

I'd re-work something using the word Sign above the word Spot inside a big inkblot or splash?
Love....Jill

Marlene

throw that second one out fast! your old logo is a better place to start. you have a name that has the word "spot" in it and the old logo had an overdone reference to that. try making it simple with one big dot with a nice clean font and up to date colors. if you look at coroporate logos that have changed over the years the way to make it look fresh is to make it more simple.

Circleville Signs

I hate to disagree with Marlene, but Dan Antonelli hit this subject on the head in a thread the other day. For a small, local company goig plain/clean isn't going to do much of anything for you.

With a name like yours, I'd be tempted to study oldretro diner logos and take a play on that theme..

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
your second logo doesn't look like sign spot ... looks like ign pot with a squiggly arrow trying to be an SS but in the end just looks like your not on the straight and narrow.

I agree with circleville ... study retro, try to make it modern and try to make it your own.

And for the love of all that is unholy draw your design out ... you have 2 logos that in theme and style are completely different ... drawing your design out will help you skip the bad idea phase and weed out the logo designs you should and shouldn't work towards. remember, 25 bad drawings might have 3-5 great ideas towards the logo you want.

SignProPlus-Chip

I agree with Marlene. The first one has an over done reference...too many "spots"

Don't over think it, go with something simple:

Wallace

Attachments

• signspotsample.jpg
    signspotsample.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited by a moderator: