• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Vectorization

SignStudent

I tried to vectorize the below image to cut it out but it will not work in Flexi.. Went to Bitmap and then vectorize then bezier and nothing seems to happen.

The reason it seems that nothing is happening in flexi is because the image is not dark enough. Flexi will only draw out dark objects. What you could do is go to bitmap > filters > level and then move the left arrow from 0 up to something like 200 so that it darkens up the rope part of the image. Then vectorize the result.

Only problem is that image is low res and it's still not going to come out very well. In this particular situation you'd definitely be better off redrawing it like others have suggested, but you may run into another light image in the future where this trick can help.

Colin

...or start with this.....

Attachments

• Rope.jpg
    Rope.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 89

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
to shorten the attached video, I already drew one rope segment and added in the guidelines that represented the outer portion of the rope border. The center guidelines are to ensure that the shapes all rotated around a central point. Not shown here is the original jpeg in the background that I traced (no longer have original); the rope border had 50 segments 360/50 = 7.2 which is the number I punched in on the rotate command

Attachments

• rope.zip
    610.5 KB · Views: 124