• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Vectorization

captainron19

Having trouble and wondering if someone has an idea. Working on an existing logo that is a circle (image below) I tried to vectorize the below image to cut it out but it will not work in Flexi.. Went to Bitmap and then vectorize then bezier and nothing seems to happen. Working fine with other graphics but not this specific one.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• logo circle.jpg
    logo circle.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 155

signmeup

Draw one segment by tracing it. Make a second copy and do a blend(count how many segments you need). Then use fit to path to fit the blend to your circle. (This is for Corel.) If you do it this way you can get that clipart monkey off your back.

Kottwitz-Graphics

Draw one segment by tracing it. Make a second copy and do a blend(count how many segments you need). Then use fit to path to fit the blend to your circle. (This is for Corel.) If you do it this way you can get that clipart monkey off your back.

Yeah, but how much time will that take? Fred's clip art is less than $5.00. My time is more valuable than sitting for an 45 min or an hour to save $5.00

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

Well damn! I never had that as a self image.

Mosh

Wow, can't get any simpler to vectorize. About 2 minutes to do. Do one and duplicate it.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Try out vector magic, works good

You call that good, ugh!

Illustrator.... draw one rope shape. Count number of shapes in border. Divide that number into 360. Rotate around a circle that number of degrees and duplicate. Probably 2-3 minutes

That is how I did this example

Attachments

• rope-border-04.jpg
    rope-border-04.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 172

VINYLIMAGEZ

You call that good, ugh!

Illustrator.... draw one rope shape. Count number of shapes in border. Divide that number into 360. Rotate around a circle that number of degrees and duplicate. Probably 2-3 minutes

I said good, not awesome like your work Doc, you tha man!:U Rock:

signmeup

Yeah, but how much time will that take? Fred's clip art is less than $5.00. My time is more valuable than sitting for an 45 min or an hour to save $5.00
It might take you a few minutes the first time but the next time you need one you'll know how. What if you need one in a shape that Fred doesn't have?

The one posted is really crappy BTW. I wouldn't be able to use it, even if it was vectored.

SignManiac

All you need is one good segment. In corel you can move your center of rotation away any distance, then use the transformation tool to rotate any set number of degrees then apply to duplicate.

GB2

Old Member
You call that good, ugh!

Eric, I know of about 4 different ways to attempt that in Illustrator but I'm not quite understanding your directions, could you be a little more specific please.