• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LogoJet UVx90R

RPD

I'm new to the forum and had a question about a UV printer. I currently use a Roland VG-2 to make yard signs. I like it for banners, decals, transfers, etc. but very time consuming for yard signs. I was looking for an entry level UV printer that could at least print two signs at a time or a single 24x36. I've looked at a Mimaki 7151 Plus but it will only make one sign at a time. I've also looked at a LogoJetUVx90R and wanted to know if anyone had any input on this model and/or might have another printer option that would fit my needs. Space is an issue where I'm at so a full sized flat bed is not an option. Thanks.

whitehot

I'm new to the forum and had a question about a UV printer. I currently use a Roland VG-2 to make yard signs. I like it for banners, decals, transfers, etc. but very time consuming for yard signs. I was looking for an entry level UV printer that could at least print two signs at a time or a single 24x36. I've looked at a Mimaki 7151 Plus but it will only make one sign at a time. I've also looked at a LogoJetUVx90R and wanted to know if anyone had any input on this model and/or might have another printer option that would fit my needs. Space is an issue where I'm at so a full sized flat bed is not an option. Thanks.
I have a Roland LEF which has been an awful experience, support wise and engineering wise. the heads do not last more than a year and are very expensive to replace. I am looking to replace with newer technology, and research points to LogoJet for me. Won't buy any Roland product. I thoroughly review the Col Desi Compress 600 - terrible support, terrible ink system, Xante - decent machine, but cheaply fabricated, decent support, poor dealer service/knowlege through my dealer - Mimaki you don't get a lot for them money as you had in the past. Logojet has the best reviews, best support and very well engineered machines.

victor bogdanov

have you considered an application table like a CWT, cwt 1016 is pretty small for your space limits, makes applying printed vinyl to substrates very easy and much cheaper than even the small flatbed printers

RPD

have you considered an application table like a CWT, cwt 1016 is pretty small for your space limits, makes applying printed vinyl to substrates very easy and much cheaper than even the small flatbed printers

I'm not familiar with that piece of equipment. Having just looked at it, it looks good but is pricey. For me it's more about the time involved. After you print they must "gas out" for at least 2 hours or longer. Then, because my blanks aren't actually 24x18 I have to print slightly larger and then trim all the way around. Too time consuming. I'm actually looking for two things here, 1. a way to print directly to the substrate to same that extra time and 2. a company that actually makes blank signs the appropriate size i.e. 24x18, 24x36, 12x18, etc. The last two boxes of 100 I received have been 24 3/8"x18 1/8".

RPD

I have a Roland LEF which has been an awful experience, support wise and engineering wise. the heads do not last more than a year and are very expensive to replace. I am looking to replace with newer technology, and research points to LogoJet for me. Won't buy any Roland product. I thoroughly review the Col Desi Compress 600 - terrible support, terrible ink system, Xante - decent machine, but cheaply fabricated, decent support, poor dealer service/knowlege through my dealer - Mimaki you don't get a lot for them money as you had in the past. Logojet has the best reviews, best support and very well engineered machines.
The shop I visited last week to look at the LogoJetUVx90R actually mentioned that they also looked at the Xante before purchasing the LogoJet. They said the Xante was decent but the print quality wasn't on the same level as the LogoJet. They said if I was printing yard signs only it would be OK but not for other types of printing.
My experience with my Roland VG-2 540 has been good. I will say that the company I bought it from doesn't have great support. I use the service dept. from another company I buy supplies from to actually do the work on my printer. I just replaced the print heads and cap tops for the first time and I bought it 2 1/2 years ago as a show demo model.

garyroy

I don't have one but a buddy of mine in Alabama has a Xante X-55. He said he loves it.
That will print 24 X 36. Take a look at his video on YouTube.
Black Warrior Printing.
It's worth a look.:cool:

RPD

I don't have one but a buddy of mine in Alabama has a Xante X-55. He said he loves it.
Black Warrior Printing.
Will do. Thanks.

RPD

Black Warrior Printing.
I watched the video. Looks interesting. I contacted a company that carries that line and they're having an open house tomorrow. Looks like I'll be stopping by to take a look at it.
Thanks for info.

RPD

So I went and looked at the X-55 and then did a one-on-one live demo with them. Not bad. I also did a live demo with LogoJet and had them do some timed prints using files I sent them. The times were very slow.
I'm now back looking at the Roland LEC2-640S-F200. I'm not sure I will be able to get that through a standard door opening into our shop. Does anyone have one of these?

netsol

So I went and looked at the X-55 and then did a one-on-one live demo with them. Not bad. I also did a live demo with LogoJet and had them do some timed prints using files I sent them. The times were very slow.
I'm now back looking at the Roland LEC2-640S-F200. I'm not sure I will be able to get that through a standard door opening into our shop. Does anyone have one of these?
Cutting out the doorway and patching isn't horrible (worse with masonry)

Think of it like buying your daughter a piano

garyroy

Whatever you get please post some pics of the installation and some printed products.
It helps other to know. Thanks