• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

loking for advise and/or help with SolJet 500

nxtremesign

just got a used SolJet 500 (my neighbor has had in storage for 13 months). and we are trying to load the software for the Roland drivers for the printer, the CD is RSP-024 Ver4.5C, and the printer will be set up on a mini netgear print server.

But when i try to load the CD , i get an Error : 101 says Setup is Unable to find HardDisk Location to store temp files. Could my AVG be keeping the software form loading?

I am on a Lenvo PC useing XPpro 4g ram , 250 g hard drive and keep all art files on a three 500g external.

I look on the Roland site for software , but didn't see it and i don't know that site that well either. thanx for your help in advance , this site had never let me down.
Steve

sfr table hockey

Yes the AVG does give a false virus and gives the 101 error message. You need to uninstall the AVG. It still won't work if you just exit out of the AVG or just try to turn it off. It must be uninstalled. I had the same issues on the colorchoice 4.5 rip when I tried to install it. Once you are done the install you can re-install the AVG and all seems to work fine.

nxtremesign

A big thank you to Table Hockey.. :thankyou: ..... that was it , i had turn AVG off , but didn't help at all , i uninstalled , and loaded the Roland software up... and got the Computer talking to the Printer, but last this printer had been sitting for 14 months and the heads are clog, badly can only get the Blue to print and this machine (SC500) is a print and cut. i am running the "head cleaning" right now , does it twice and still nothing. is there more I can do?
Thanx Steve

sfr table hockey

IF things are really clogged then you might want to get a refillable cartridge that you can put some cleaning fluid in. Then remove the line from the dampers and use a syringe to draw the cleaning solution into the line and let sit a bit then suck out the loosend crud. If you leave the dampers on and just suck the solution through by attaching to the capping station then you might just get all that gunk in your print heads and have more to clean out. Once you know the line looks clear then go to the next line and do the same till all 6 lines are clean. Then flush the dampers again so you don't just draw crud into the printheads. Even replacing the dampers would be a good idea as they are not more than $8-$10 a damper. Then you might need to inject the cleaning solution into the 3 nipples of the print head to get some solution in them and let sit a few hours. Try to draw out the solution from the top just so again you don't force the crud into the print head jets. You can set the heads in a bit of cleaning solution and then draw the solution up by using the syringe again. Its easier to get the dried chunks up the top than through the jets. Then you might try injecting the clean solution through the top nipples and with slight pressure force the solution throught the head out the jets. You can see the spray pattern if you look close.

If this works then the heads can be put back in and draw the ink back into the dampers and put all back togerther.

You can try to leave the heads in place and just soak them in cleaning solution by adding some to the capps. Just be careful that once the dried ink loosens it will draw into the print heads if the clog was before the dampers.

There are several posts talking about ways to bring heads back.

I do find that for the $150 you might pay for a new head it might be easier to just do that but you can always try first and who knows, it might work.

Make sure the drain lines are clear by removing the tube from each capp on the capping station and syringe some cleaning fluid through it. It will go through the pump and out the drain lines. They tend to block up an then not let the capping station draw like it should.

Hope this helps a bit, I know there are others that are better at doing this than I.