• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a font!

mander0104

I'm looking for a font. I only know what 2 of the letters look like. I found something similar, but I dont think its quite right, cause its not BOLD enough, and I dont think that making it BOLD is the answer, maybe somebody knows the right one. The letter i need is an "L" but I know that the letter "P" from that same font looks something like the "P" from FELIX TITLED. Where the top kinda comes out to a point, and the bottom of the curve comes to a point and doesn't quite touch the leg of the "P"..Make any sense?? I will attach the P from the Felix font to give you an idea. Remember..I'm needing something more BOLD. (And i dont want an italicized font either). Thank you!

Attachments

• P.jpg
    P.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 140

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
There isn't any italic OTF weights of Trajan Pro. Just upgright regular and bold versions. One difference it does have from the previous Trajan Type 1 version is its' being a true small capitals typeface. Trajan was all caps.

BTW, Trajan Pro is bundled in with many new Adobe application releases (PhotoshopCS2, After Effects 7, Premiere Pro 2, etc.).

Late Edit: The original sample shown isn't Trajan or Trajan Pro. The opening at the bottom of the curve of the "P" is too large and the serifs look different.

mander0104

Ok...I'm confused...are you thinking its Trajan or its not. When I look at the attachment it looks quite similar to what i am looking for..may even be the one (Maybe bolder? im not sure till i c it bolder?) Is there a place a person can get this for free, or are these all types of fonts you have to pay for? Thank you!

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Bobby H said:
There isn't any italic OTF weights of Trajan Pro. Just upgright regular and bold versions. One difference it does have from the previous Trajan Type 1 version is its' being a true small capitals typeface. Trajan was all caps.

BTW, Trajan Pro is bundled in with many new Adobe application releases (PhotoshopCS2, After Effects 7, Premiere Pro 2, etc.).

Late Edit: The original sample shown isn't Trajan or Trajan Pro. The opening at the bottom of the curve of the "P" is too large and the serifs look different.

He wanted a font SIMILAR to his sample, I pointed out Trajan.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
mander0104 said:
Ok...I'm confused...are you thinking its Trajan or its not. When I look at the attachment it looks quite similar to what i am looking for..may even be the one (Maybe bolder? im not sure till i c it bolder?) Is there a place a person can get this for free, or are these all types of fonts you have to pay for? Thank you!

That's up to you to decide if Trajan is correct. You wanted us to give you an idea, but without an actual sample to compare, it's anybody's guess.