• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a suggestion on poster job

Pideas

I have a poster job and looking for some suggestions. The quantity is 650 posters, 24x36" with two grommets at the top corners. The client is looking to hang these from the ceiling. Due to the short turnaround, I think this job may be a little too big for my HP Latex printer (it would take about 6+ rolls of 54x150'). I've thought about sending it to an offset printer to get the posters printed and then adding grommets to the printed posters. I'm not even sure if grommets are the best solution here. Just looking for some suggestions.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have a poster job and looking for some suggestions. The quantity is 650 posters, 24x36" with two grommets at the top corners. The client is looking to hang these from the ceiling. Due to the short turnaround, I think this job may be a little too big for my HP Latex printer (it would take about 6+ rolls of 54x150'). I've thought about sending it to an offset printer to get the posters printed and then adding grommets to the printed posters. I'm not even sure if grommets are the best solution here. Just looking for some suggestions.

That is not that crazy to run off your machine. For the grommets I would use those things from Banner-Ups, or instead of paper, use a polypropylene and then the grommets will work on that. I have super aggressive pricing on poster paper if you go that route of printing yourself. I also have rolls of 54"x100' of polypro for like $85 if you need any price reference.

alevit53

You can get them done through DFS on 16pt C2S stock for under $1.00 each. Does not pay to do them yourself. Add money for grommets or stick on corner hangers.

Pideas

That is not that crazy to run off your machine. For the grommets I would use those things from Banner-Ups, or instead of paper, use a polypropylene and then the grommets will work on that. I have super aggressive pricing on poster paper if you go that route of printing yourself. I also have rolls of 54"x100' of polypro for like $85 if you need any price reference.

BigFish, I think if I had the time, I would try doing them here but 6+ rolls of paper would probably take 2-3 days to run + cut. Then add another day or two for the grommets.

Billct2

Whatever you use make sure it will hang flat. I think I would look at card stock and then a couple punched holes might be enough for hanging