• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a vendor for CNC routed acrylic

I'm looking for someone who can do custom CNC routed acrylic letters. However, after much searching online I've come to the conclusion that most companies only work with their own fonts and/or templates. I need someone who can take a vector image of the lettering I need and reproduce it. Any ideas who I could contact that would be able to produce this and ship our order to us would be much appreciated. I'm trying to get a quote lined up for a potential customer and I'm having some trouble with dead end leads. Thanks for any input.

Circleville Signs

Depends on where you are at. Gemini is a good source, however their turn times are a little slow for me. There are several local shops who have in-house CNC who are happy to do custom wholesale cutting for me. I'm sure a quick google search will give a few options.

As a matter of fact, Google just gave me this place in your town.

SMF, Inc.

Desert_Signs

Is this a one off deal or what? I can route letters up to ~23.5" x47.5" , up to 1" thick. If it's just a one off thing I could probably work something out with you, if this is an ongoing thing you want to add to your repertoire, you're probably going to want to find someone local.

I can use your files, anything you want.

Thanks for all the prompt replies. I also received quite a few leads through email. Now I just have to talk to the customer a little more about it and see where they stand. The lighted sign right now has two white faces with 1/8" acrylic lettering applied to it. The panels are 36" x 72", so the 1/8" blue acrylic I would need cut would be approximately 30" x 60". However, I have a few concerns about the new panel matching the existing unbroken panel. I'm wanting to discuss with the owner the option of just doing blue vinyl lettering over two brand new panels. I think this will be more economical, but I'm not sure if they want to go for that approach. Any opinions on this?

klemgraphics

I did something very similar last year to replace a broken panel. Wasn't hard and brought in some good $$ as not many want to do it.

Depends on where you are at. Gemini is a good source, however their turn times are a little slow for me. There are several local shops who have in-house CNC who are happy to do custom wholesale cutting for me. I'm sure a quick google search will give a few options.

As a matter of fact, Google just gave me this place in your town.

SMF, Inc.

Thank you for the head's up. My Google search turned up lots of leads, just not any that do custom cutting. After an hour of searching and turning up a lot of dead ends, this forum seemed to be a better option than Google, and I was right. I already have over half a dozen solid leads. I'm very familiar with SMF, Inc. However, they are a machine shop that specializes in welding and metal fabrication so they really wouldn't work for what I need done. Also, our local sign company that we work with doesn't do CNC either, so I'm not able to do it local to the best of my resources. We are in a very small town 30 minutes away from the nearest metro area so working with one of these leads and having it shipped might be my best option if they want this lettering replaced the way it is.