• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for advice ...

jhardy

This seems popular (Banding)... I have a <<cough, pc-600 cough>>
Can someone tell me for sure if a new head would fix this. I have attacted an example of what I get no matter what color, how I adjust or what I clean.

Attachments

• 03-14-10_1300.jpg
    03-14-10_1300.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 51

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks like a scratched head or something is preventing heat from hitting your ribbon creating an absence of color. Usually with a 60 or 600, clearing will make most banding disappear, but that is not banding. Try cleaning with lots a alcohol.

J Hill Designs

is the pc600 a thermal printer with 4 different ribbons "melted" by one head? just mentioning because in the four diff't colors the strip is in a different place..

(dont know too much about the pc600)

jhardy

Correct.
I just printed 4 blocks each direction of the main colors to see if I could tell what the problem was. MCYK. Each line is in a little different location with exception of the blue having another issue. So is is banding of not?

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Looks like a bad pixel in the print head or you need to do a line pitch adjustment.

The angled scars in the cyan is caused by a wrinkle in the foil.

weaselboogie

Scratched head. Pc-60 and pc-600 were notorious for this happening. We had a 600 at our shop and had to send it in 2 times to replace the head. The third time it stopped being a printer and enjoyed it's new life out to pasture as a vinyl cutter.

Oops.. Almost forgot to throw 'boat anchor' in here for the search engine.

After the first scratched head, we would clean the vinyl religiously before a print with alcohol, but it still happened.

Mosh

That is why they don't make them anymore. Foil is so costly compaired to ink, and any spec of dust would do you in. Glad had a PNC 5000 , well still have it, what a bust that was. Worked great for small stuff, but any large fields of print forget about it!