• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for CHEAP printable vinyl

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Jeremiah up there has a point. Call your supplier and ask if you can get special pricing for this project. I had a fleet of vehicles and called my sales rep. He gave me special pricing for that job because I was ordering a skid.

204SignGuy

Assistant to the Regional Manager
For something like this, I'm using Arlon 510. Depending on the plastic, maybe 510HT. For us, it's way cheaper than Oracal 3640/3641.

GF also has some really low cost vinyls, but I'm not as familiar.

SameDay Signs

I'm really curious what these are for. I mean, how many locations would 5k stickers cover? Or is it more of a decoration vs a sign, so a whole mess of circles just sporadically placed? I wonder about the dumbest things some days...
they are actually graphics a designer is going to be putting onto an item and selling - long story short im not sure bout the product but the job ill be more then happy to do lol

204SignGuy

Assistant to the Regional Manager
I'm really curious what these are for. I mean, how many locations would 5k stickers cover? Or is it more of a decoration vs a sign, so a whole mess of circles just sporadically placed? I wonder about the dumbest things some days...

We did a few thousand circle decals this spring/fall for the local school division. "SIT HERE", "DO NOT SIT HERE", etc. Mainly social distancing stuff. Nice order though

SameDay Signs

Is this whole discussion for you to save 100.00 on your material cost for this job ?
If it were only $100 then no but this is roughy 56 rolls of vinyl (and then laminate to boot) and say i can save $25-$35 a roll then that makes it defintally worth it...Sure some people would go its not worth it, well to those people i say saving lets say $1500 - that will pay some bills, that will be an additional $1500 towards another cutter we desperately need so we can run more decals and so on...im a bargain hunter i haven't gotten this far by over paying that is for sure. I believe in being loyal to my suppliers but im always looking on ways to save money without sacraficing quality of course and if you are not checking out prices and getting updates your probably overpaying...i have been paying $242ish for IJ35 c....wensco everyday price is $179.xx on same material i just found out...well theres a huge saving right there and being we go 1-2 rolls a week thats some serious cash

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I've read this thread twice and still haven't figured out what you are applying these circles to ?? What is the flatstock you're using ?? You say plastic, but is that acrylic, pvc or what and are you supplying that or the customer ??

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I've read this thread twice and still haven't figured out what you are applying these circles to ?? What is the flatstock you're using ?? You say plastic, but is that acrylic, pvc or what and are you supplying that or the customer ??
I've read this thread twice and haven't figured out why the thread is 2 pages long about a cheap vinyl. How bout call your suppliers and discuss what they offer and the costs? All you're gonna get here is " I use XXXXXX brand and I use YYYYYY brand." Do the work for yourself what all of us do all the time for ourselves.

SameDay Signs

I've read this thread twice and haven't figured out why the thread is 2 pages long about a cheap vinyl. How bout call your suppliers and discuss what they offer and the costs? All you're gonna get here is " I use XXXXXX brand and I use YYYYYY brand." Do the work for yourself what all of us do all the time for ourselves.
your clearly a grumpy person - merry xmas grinch

Brandon708

The cheapest vinyl i use is
ORAJET® 3641 Soft Calendered PVC Film
50" x 50 yd, Gloss
$114 a roll

I used to use it for doing yard signs before I got a flatbed. Its prints pretty good on my HP360 and it has a grey back too which is nice.

signheremd

I have to agree with an above post - I don't like to use Cheap materials as in the end we have to stand behind them or lose our reputation. That said, using a good brand, find the vinyl that matches best for the application and price accordingly. If you don't get that job, don't sweat it as cheap material may fail and then you have to do it again.

The Chinese have an old saying, " You can pay once, or you can pay twice"

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
IDK, I mean I kindly see your point, but at the same time, how does one find out about a new distributor they've never used before or never been cold called on. What are the odds the guys at GSG are going to tell me to call Athens Paper for the cheapest cost per roll. What are the odds your salesman will be honest about how the roll is $25 cheaper per roll, but the material won't blockout anything behind it. It's definitely not the most exciting post on the forum at the moment, but isn't it what the forum is kindly built for?
I myself hate cheap materials, and would decline a large order if I was not comfortable with the materials being used. Also, I'd rather work with materials that I enjoy cutting/printing/engraving on and selling for a modest profit, as opposed to selling materials that make me want to jump off a bridge for a better profit margin, but that's just me.

I do this daily, If I can't provide it for you at the best price, I will show you where to buy it from.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I agree with many of the "cheap cost more in the long run" Short term projects are the only time you look for cheap materials. I have seen where companies have used good vinyl and cheap lamination and the lam shrinks back and every other combination of cheap. Unless you have used it before and seen the long-term durability, don't do it. Pick the appropriate media for the job or your reputation and business will suffer. No matter what the manufacturer says, at most, they will replace the media. You will have to replace the ink and labor.

If you want cheap, UV print directly to the substrate and cut the mounting labor out of the equation.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Cheap doesn't mean the quality is less. Usually is but you found the right seller. Golden.

We import our air release vinyl with permanent adhesive from Taiwan. Premium product. We are the direct importer for the factory to you.

Macan 78993
Air Release Vinyl
Permanent adhesive
No glue residue - car wrap glue
Opaque white backing
54"x150'
Shipping from 92626

Our vinyl product has less than 3 months production date. We sell many many to sign shops especially to Roland printer users. Color is consistent. About 200-300 rolls in stock. 48 rolls via pallet ship is $450. Each roll is $140. Matching laminate is $115 from the same factory. We only use 1 factory. If we are out of stock of this vinyl, we will not give you something else.

https://www.premiercolour.com/products/air-release-adhesive-vinyl-54-x-150-gloss