• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Looking for flat bed printer suggestions

CP0974

We are looking to replace our EFI H1625 LED within the next year when our lease ends. Any suggestions on the latest and greatest? We only use it for in house printing as we are a beer distributor.

Ivan Medina

You may want to check the New EPSON flatbed printer, SureColor V7000. It has CMYK + RED + GREY + WHITE & VARNISH. One of the best things about this printer is that when it stops (because of a crash with the material) you may continue printing from where it stopped. Since you only use it for in-house printing this might be a good option. You can do plenty of "artsy" work with textures and spot colores. I think this printer is around 80k. Only down side: max media size 122x244 cms.

Heres the video:

snowman

We are looking to replace our EFI H1625 LED within the next year when our lease ends. Any suggestions on the latest and greatest? We only use it for in house printing as we are a beer distributor.
I had a shop for 30 years. We started our digital department with efi vutek . It was the printer that got us going but was expensive. We ended up buying CET printers and we grew to run 24/7. We purchased 4 more pieces from CET. The oldest printer lasted 10 years. The main reason we enjoyed CET was there printers were simple to fix (rarely went down) and ran very good quality. Here's a link to a video.

greysquirrel

Fluid color, Vanguard, EFI For true flatbed options.
Fluid color has some speedy hybrid options, Hp latex hybrid…depends on what you need it to do and what your price point is. I have an r1000, fb700 hybrid, now looking to add a try flatbed. Looking at first 3 I suggested…fluid color has a pretty well equipmt unit for about $128k

signheremd

Fluid color, Vanguard, EFI For true flatbed options.
Fluid color has some speedy hybrid options, Hp latex hybrid…depends on what you need it to do and what your price point is. I have an r1000, fb700 hybrid, now looking to add a try flatbed. Looking at first 3 I suggested…fluid color has a pretty well equipmt unit for about $128k
We had a CET and bought a new FluidColor about a year ago (R84F Turbo). Can't say enough good about the FluidColor and about their training. The company started out reconditioning machines and have taken that experience to beef up certain areas of the equipment. We have CMYK and White and opted for the Ricoh Gen6 heads - which are extremely reliable and have excellent print quality. While our machine is fast, you can opt for a double row of heads and speed things up further. They offer Kyocera head version as well. As I understand it, the biggest advantage that adds is the ability to do museum quality work (though our machine set to High Quality has absolutely stellar print quality).

We recently sent one of our guys out to FluidColor headquarters for a few day training class. Class was hands on and well worth the time and expense. They really know these machines and even send a camera along so you can video problems live with them if something were to be outside of your ability.

While trying to choose the best brand seems important, I would suggest considering who sells and services in your area. Down time is expensive, so having someone you can call when the issue is beyond you is a selling point in my book as well.

Hope this is helpful.

Erik Mello

While trying to choose the best brand seems important, I would suggest considering who sells and services in your area. Down time is expensive, so having someone you can call when the issue is beyond you is a selling point in my book as well.

Hope this is helpful.
Couldn't agree more about local service being key!

Superior_Adam

I personally would stay with EFI and look into the 16H. It is a lot better than the 1625. We had a 1625 and upgraded to the 16H and its night and day difference.

RabidOne

I have only used 3 brands: HP, Fuji, and OCE. Much preferred the OCE Arizona's for quality and speed. Higher regular maintenance but they were way better for our high volume printing.