• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for Galvanized Wire Rope for Flag Mount Sign Support

fensox

Looking for galvanized 1/4" wire rope for flag mount sign support. We had a roll for twenty years and it finally ran out. Our supplier doesn't carry it anymore and I cannot find any at the local marine supply store. This wire rope is great for supporting stickout signs. We would loop it through a shoe on the sign to a turnbuckle mounted to the building. The best part of this wire is that you do not need any fasteners. You wrap the wire through the turnbuckle and back around itself a half dozen times and it stays. This wire does not spring back when looped or folded, it holds whatever bend you put in it. Does anyone know the type of wire rope I am talking about? Having the hardest time finding it. Of course we didn't save even a tiny piece of it and I cannot find any in our bone yard so I cannot count the strands for anyone. I know the strands were large which probably is why is would hold its shape..it wasn't made up of hair sized strands. Thanks for any help anyone can give with the name of this rope and/or where to get it.

Billct2

My first thought was a marine supply house, try another one, must be some big ones around Maine. A big ag supplier might also have it.

fensox

Thanks for the tips. I browsed the marine stores but all their rope required clamps to fasten. The McMaster-Carr suggestion looks good but I can't touch and feel it first to test it and I would be stuck with what I order. Anyone know if the 1x7 strand is the stuff?