• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for new/refurb Drums for a Gerber GS+ (where to find)

petit

Hy i just grab an old Gerber GS+ plotter in working but pooring conditions especially the Drums, i've checked on the web and have found theplotterdoctor but live in the US and i've fought that maybe one of you have found a way to replace or to refresh them from a repair shop or else. Any advice welcome !
thanks for watching

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Unless you know an inside source in a place that refurbs drums, I would suggest The Plotter Doctor. He most likely has dozens of drums done at a time and can negotiate a far better price than you ever will.

JB

netsol

Hy i just grab an old Gerber GS+ plotter in working but pooring conditions especially the Drums, i've checked on the web and have found theplotterdoctor but live in the US and i've fought that maybe one of you have found a way to replace or to refresh them from a repair shop or else. Any advice welcome !
thanks for watching
If you want to cheat and buy a little time, before replacing the drum, you can purchase heat shrink tubing, about an inch larger than the diameter of the drum. When you heat it, with a heat gun it will shrink in diameter, not length. The poor man's drum resurfacing. We used this to buy some time with a planer, while shopping for a replacement unit.

In case you are wondering how heat shrink works, it is stretched and irradiated, after which it only shrinks on one axis (diameter)

The gerbers are a good plotter and well worth the cost of replacing the roller. Buy from jimmy, the plotter doctor. Great guy!

petit

If you want to cheat and buy a little time, before replacing the drum, you can purchase heat shrink tubing, about an inch larger than the diameter of the drum. When you heat it, with a heat gun it will shrink in diameter, not length. The poor man's drum resurfacing. We used this to buy some time with a planer, while shopping for a replacement unit.

In case you are wondering how heat shrink works, it is stretched and irradiated, after which it only shrinks on one axis (diameter)

The gerbers are a good plotter and well worth the cost of replacing the roller. Buy from jimmy, the plotter doctor. Great guy!
Thanks, that's a great solution, i'll look after that precisely.

netsol

There are many other places to buy, just a suggestion.
Google it first

petit

There are many other places to buy, just a suggestion.
Google it first

Thanks i'll give a look