• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for one on one training

Silvertip

Silvertip Graphics Signs & Designs, Inc.
Hi there!
Looking for someone that would be willing to do a couple of hours of one on one training in Adobe. Specifically for getting files ready for print/cut.
I think the best way might to do a remote session or something where I can see/learn/do what I need to know.
I know there are millions of tutorials out there but I haven't time to sort thru and I really just need a few specific things covered.
I will once in a while get a file from someone else that is created in AI or Photoshop that I will need to print/cut in versaworks. I primarily use Signlab 9 for my designing so I am just not really familiar with the Adobe suites. I have found that sometimes when I open a file from someone else into my Signlab to put a cut line on there will be errors in the output (sometimes colors are off some) so I would prefer to print/cut right from the sent file if I can learn how.
I have tried a few times to get the contour cut in AI to read in versaworks but I just have not had success. I am willing to pay for the knowledge if anyone is interested.
Enjoy your spring everyone!

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
You might try Mark Rugen at GiveMeHelp.com. I have attended several of his seminars and they aren't all flexi. It shows he will custom train for $50 an hour one hour minimum. He's also a member on Signs 101

Not sure if you got the help you needed yesterday or not, but try the attached guide I created and see if it helps you out.

I created it in Adobe Illustrator CS6 on a Mac, but the workflow should be essentially the same for most versions.

Attachments

• Print Cut Guide for Adobe Illustrator.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 148

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if you got the help you needed yesterday or not, but try the attached guide I created and see if it helps you out.

I created it in Adobe Illustrator CS6 on a Mac, but the workflow should be essentially the same for most versions.

Very very nice and rather explicit. :thumb:

Silvertip

Silvertip Graphics Signs & Designs, Inc.
Wow Thank you!

I haven't had a chance to go thru it entirely but wow that is looking like just what I may have been looking for!
Thank you!

DEXRON12

Help with Corel

Can someone please post the exact same thing but for Corel Draw?
I'm always having issues with cut lines. I'm using X6. I would greatly appreciate the help.

yukon

Very informative and easy to follow!

I have one question though...

When rasterizing your graphic, you said to make sure the color mode is cmyk. I try to design in rgb when possible because the colors print much more vivid. Printing artwork that is cmyk comes out muted or muddy. What are your thoughts about this?

Thanks,
Yukon

Mikesbales

Thank You

THANK YOU! That guide is exactly what I was looking for when I stumbled upon this site. I cannot express how grateful I am for it! I've been having nothing but trouble with Illustrator.

oksigns

Very informative and easy to follow!

I have one question though...

When rasterizing your graphic, you said to make sure the color mode is cmyk. I try to design in rgb when possible because the colors print much more vivid. Printing artwork that is cmyk comes out muted or muddy. What are your thoughts about this?

Thanks,
Yukon

Your RIP software is interpreting the RGB color space and finding an equivalent CMYK value. When designing from scratch and digitally printing, use what the printer will use and that is CMYK. Usually there is a color chart that your printer can provide to show you the color gamut you can hit. Yes, CMYK has a lesser gamut compared to RGB, but that's because it is an ink and not based on backlit displays which would provide the "OOMF" to a color's vibrancy.

Some RIP workflows that don't properly interpret RGB colors will muddy those values when attempting to print in the CMYK color space.

Chasez

This is a great guide to have in the shop in case I could actually take a day off and someone HAD to design/print/cut something! Thanks alot!

Chaz

oksigns

I would suggest an addition to your wonderfully crafted instructions to include a bleed-stroke just for instances when the accuracy of the cut degrades for some reason you still have some original color/art instead of white so it wont show so obviously.