• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for outdoor reflective labels

Jean Shimp

Need to supply my customer with about 1400 labels for outdoor equipment. Size 3" x 15" black background with 2" high reflective yellow letters. I have an Excel sheet with the text for each label in one cell, there are a lot of duplicates but too many labels to layout individually. Stouse can digitally print the labels from the Excel sheets. However they say the ink will start to give out in 2 - 3 years. Looking for a supplier that can provide something that will last longer than 2 - 3 years outdoors. Thanks.

Retro Graphics

Need to supply my customer with about 1400 labels for outdoor equipment. Size 3" x 15" black background with 2" high reflective yellow letters. I have an Excel sheet with the text for each label in one cell, there are a lot of duplicates but too many labels to layout individually. Stouse can digitally print the labels from the Excel sheets. However they say the ink will start to give out in 2 - 3 years. Looking for a supplier that can provide something that will last longer than 2 - 3 years outdoors. Thanks.
So, most prints will not last more than 2-3 years without lamination. If you are laminating and still worried about life expectancy, then look at what type of ink you are using (latex, solvent, uv), placement of the stickers if you have a say, (vertical vs horizontal).

If you can get UV prints, they will probably last you the longest without lamination. You can get laminates that claim up to 10 years. I have had great results with Orafol 5650RA, but for decals you might want something a little more cost efficient as that's for large fleet work. Honestly, the most expensive part of that job will probably be replacing the blades after cutting 1400 labels of glass riddled vinyl.

CKCUSTOMKC

3m has a reflective vinyl that I used for some outdoor signs unlaminated, so far so good but its very brittle and wont hold anything smaller than a 1/4" in cut. however you cannot print on it, but you might be able to do a double layer cut with a color of laminated vinyl over it

3M 5100 & 5100R
3M680CR

to that point depending on who you order from, fellers has several options however the only one I have used is the 3M listed above which is 7mil

Jean Shimp

The biggest advantage to using Stouse to make the labels is that I can send them an Excel sheet with all the wording contained on the sheet. I don't know what their process is for making the labels. Otherwise I would have to layout each individual label manually. As I mentioned there are many duplicates but I would still have to create 700 unique layouts. Stouse said they do have a laminate to put on the labels but it is only for protecting the material from chemical spills. It is not a UV laminate. I didn't know there were clear laminates that were not UV protectors.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
I second finding someone that will print them with a Gerber Edge. don't even need to laminate them. i've got edge prints out there that are over 10 years old and still look amazing.

CKCUSTOMKC

The biggest advantage to using Stouse to make the labels is that I can send them an Excel sheet with all the wording contained on the sheet. I don't know what their process is for making the labels. Otherwise I would have to layout each individual label manually. As I mentioned there are many duplicates but I would still have to create 700 unique layouts. Stouse said they do have a laminate to put on the labels but it is only for protecting the material from chemical spills. It is not a UV laminate. I didn't know there were clear laminates that were not UV protectors.
ah that's a good point, I didnt even think about the variable data aspect of it all