• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for slitter recommendations

ikarasu

Wild, on 3m vinyl with clear backer, it shows each cut, with the middle being a 1/16" shorter than the rest. Maybe the film is 'stouter' than the paper backed stuff, and each plunge is drawing the material backwards, until the last cut which is not a plunge.

Doesn't that entail swapping the blade position? That seems super time consuming for a cross cut operation...
Nah. You can kiss cut in the perf channel too. I do it all the time.... Might not want to for really small letters, but for sticker outlines it works great

victor bogdanov

Update, the laminator came in a month or so ago and I finally got around to using it today. Applied floor laminate. Worked great and quality is very good. Can't ask for more for the price.

Now I really want to buy a flatbed laminator from lefu

JBurton

Signtologist
Update, the laminator came in a month or so ago and I finally got around to using it today. Applied floor laminate. Worked great and quality is very good. Can't ask for more for the price.

Now I really want to buy a flatbed laminator from lefu
Wait, I thought you were going to utilize it to convert/slit rolls?
At any rate, if you don't mind me asking, what was your total cost, including shipping/taxes/customs etc? I'd love to just have a second machine for mounting panels. Looks like it's tracking straighter than my old style GFP.

victor bogdanov

Wait, I thought you were going to utilize it to convert/slit rolls?
At any rate, if you don't mind me asking, what was your total cost, including shipping/taxes/customs etc? I'd love to just have a second machine for mounting panels. Looks like it's tracking straighter than my old style GFP.
Had some jobs requiring floor laminate come through as soon as I set up the laminator, good coincidence.

Did 2 rolls laminate today, worked perfectly and easy, this is actually my first time using a laminator ever. I'm surprised I was able to laminate 150ft twice perfectly .

Slit a couple of rolls too, works great for that.

Total price delivered with litigate service was $2990. Without the extra slitters knives would've been a few hundred cheaper.

It has heat assist too, I haven't tried the heat yet

Remember this is the same machine selling rebranded here in usa for almost 7k plus delivery probobly

JBurton

Signtologist
Had some jobs requiring floor laminate come through as soon as I set up the laminator, good coincidence.

Did 2 rolls laminate today, worked perfectly and easy, this is actually my first time using a laminator ever. I'm surprised I was able to laminate 150ft twice perfectly .

Slit a couple of rolls too, works great for that.

Total price delivered with litigate service was $2990. Without the extra slitters knives would've been a few hundred cheaper.

It has heat assist too, I haven't tried the heat yet

Remember this is the same machine selling rebranded here in usa for almost 7k plus delivery probobly
So which model did you end up with? I'm seeing 3 on the page you linked. Looks like I'll take a leap as well. I'm really curious how it works without tensioners on either end of the roll, but since I'm ready to throw my GFP out the window, I'm willing to learn on the fly!

victor bogdanov

So which model did you end up with? I'm seeing 3 on the page you linked. Looks like I'll take a leap as well. I'm really curious how it works without tensioners on either end of the roll, but since I'm ready to throw my GFP out the window, I'm willing to learn on the fly!
LF 1700 D1, it does have tension control for each roll

Here is the exact listing

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...ml?spm=a2700.shop_plgr.41413.4.562f484fZz9heg

Here is more info, exactly the same thing

https://www.colex.com/laminators-applicators/c364-wide-format-roll-laminator/

Comes with an exact copy of a California Air air compressor too

Keep in mind you'll have to be patient with delivery, I think mine took about 2 months

Last edited:

Graphic Extremes

Knows To Little

victor bogdanov

Anyone watch the video of this laminator. Especially the beginning where he starts the laminate. If I tried that it would never straighten out.

That's about how I'm loading it up after watching their instructions lol, 150 ft laminated perfect

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
The video down at the tail end of the page, just before frequently bought together section.

Yep, price does look good, real good, and I like the idea that tilt for transport and storage is built in, but the instructional video is next level.

victor bogdanov

The video down at the tail end of the page, just before frequently bought together section.

Yep, price does look good, real good, and I like the idea that tilt for transport and storage is built in, but the instructional video is next level.
They don't seem like they have much experience using it in that video, they have some good videos on youtube where the operator knows what they're doing. It does take some practice to use the flatbed tables. Maybe this guy folded under pressure of cameras pointing at him