• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for some critique.

stephenj148

I've been working on this design for a design contest where there is an opportunity to win money (be paid) from the company that's looking for the logo. Here is the description of the contest. http://logo.worth1000.com/contests/24694/extelligent-design

Here is what I've come up with so far after a little playing around.

I'm trying these contests for a few reasons;
1. To learn about working with client requests
2. To teach myself/learn more about designing
3. To have an opportunity to make a little extra money

Attachments

• Extelligent_Design_1.jpg
    Extelligent_Design_1.jpg
    591 KB · Views: 123

GypsyGraphics

Contest???? that's no contest... it a ruse! Don't waste your time!

1. To learn about working with client requests
you won't be working with clients, you send them your files and that'll be then end of it

2. To teach myself/learn more about designing
read, read, read, practice, post here and learn

3. To have an opportunity to make a little extra money
no money to be made there. even as a new designer, if you do right by your clients you'll make money

Your about to learn tough lesson and achieve none of your objectives, if you enter this so-called contest.
They on the other hand will hundreds, possible thousands of original artwork for a mere $300. Even the winner loses in the deal.

Last edited:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Even if it were a legitimate contest, which it's not, the discordant out of balance effort you posted wouldn't win anything.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
The only ones making money is the site hosting the contest while design mules do all the work. It's tempting but even good designers can only win so many contest, not enough to make a living, unless you live in a third world country.

http://www.no-spec.com/

Last edited: